Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Week 69


My dear and perfect family, let me tell you of the changes here in Zone Senahú.  My companion is named Elder Chanchavac. He is a companion who I know from my first 4 changes in my mission because we served in the same zone, the zone which is THIS ONE! I love him he is so fun, we laugh all the time. He is from Momostenango, which is by Xela here in Guatemala. He speaks K'iche',  and now from that dialect, he speaks Q'eqchi' amazingly!!! He has the perfect accent.  He is pretty much is Q'eqchi'!!!  He is a hard worker and we have fun, but we are very focused in the work and are all in for baptisms this change!! We are working very effectively and diligently. Plus, the spirit is just stunning how it is just directing us and how we are feeling so filled with the Lord's love.

This Zone did get shrunk to a District, now I became district leader and now i have to work in 2 areas and work 2 branches. We are very very enthusiastic and just want to see many people find the gospel!! I am in awe seeing the potential in each area. I know that the Lord is blessing us with amazing success. We are being so reliant to the Lord and we see that by submitting ourselves in the hands of the Lord, he truly uses us in His way, at His time.

We found an investigator from the sister missionaries who were in the area that we now have to take care of. His name is Mario and he is 16 years of age. We went to visit him and we shared the great message of The Gospel of Jesus Christ. He loved it and then asked, ''What do I have to do, to get baptized?'' We then planned the day that he will get baptized. When then thought that when his parents come back that we would share the word with them as well. We asked, ''Do you think your family would love to hear these blessings as well??'' He said he thought so.  So, we want to teach his whole family, because we know that is what matters most.

Yesterday, we had a wonderful experience being instruments and being delivered to a family in need. We entered into the house of a widow and her 22 year old son and his wife. The widow (sister Susana) was pleased to see us. She said, ''No one in my church comes to visit me. I am sick, I can’t walk, and I am bored being in the house alone and in pain. I have heard about you missionaries and have heard that they are great people and share the word of god''. We responded and showed them we are servants of God to bring the great love of Him to be poured into the lives of these people. The son and his wife began talking to us. The son (Julio Santiago) asked, '' How do you worship in your church?'' We answered very simply and answered his following questions. He then said, ''I like your church and I would like to enter into it. How can i enter into your church?" We responded talking about baptism and how we have great support in the church. I then asked his wife, ''Would you too, like to enter into our church??'' Julio responded and said, ''She already goes to this other church...'' cutting him off the wife responded ''No, no, no I don’t go there, I don’t go anywhere.'' We then asked again, if she would like to enter, and she responded ''Yes, I would.'' We began the whole lesson in this method, as we saw their great interest, we found out then that they need to get married.  So, we are currently working on some papers so they can get married.  I am just grateful to be here and to have the unique opportunity to be an instrument with an amazing companion that I have.

I am so excited Lindsey, 3 weeks!!!!! I keep telling all the Q'eqchi' people and all the missionaries that I am going to be an uncle, they love it. I am obsessed haha. Ryan, I love you thanks for writing me!! The MCAT, don't worry and better yet your 5 week humanitarian project, that is just incredible! Mom, you are a beast and just are so fit!!!! Look at you beating 30 year olds and mid 20's.  You are a beast riding the bike. Dad, I feel so bad, I know exactly how you felt UGGGGHHHH. That is the worst feeling in the world (food poisoning)!!!!! Well may I just say I am loving life. I am being truly edified by the spirit. The scriptures are the greatest thing in the world.

I look back at our close adventures together as a family. I am forever grateful and I know the true blessing of the family. I look at my whole life the example and the crafting work you both did Mom and Dad. I appreciate your strictness and your way of teaching. Believe it or not it helps here in the mission too. I notice these things, because the families here are suffering and falling apart.  The fathers leaving their wives, drinking, beating, and various things. I look at the children, how they disobey and really don't follow their parents.  I see how the parents don’t have the strict rules as we do. I am grateful! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment