Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 88






After waiting for 18 month and after having spoken with Mike Peck and John Bringherst in the month of May 2010 (they do the translations with the Q'eqchi' people), I remember them saying, ''The new triples and new translations will come out in May of 2011.'' Well just last week we received the call that they have finally been printed!! Just today we just received them in our hands!!!! THEY ARE SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! I can feel for those who waited to have a copy of the Book of Mormon in their own tongue. From what I have seen, I can tell a great difference and a beautiful new translation that truly was done by divine inspiration. My branch president in fact helped with the revising of the book and made some statements on changes that needed to occur. Now they have foot notes, an index and maps and well I just wanted to BARK LIKE A DOG!!!

Well that is cool that you all got to see me on the TV. What was I doing???? hahah I hope you all enjoyed it. This week my companion and I have been searching for families like crazy. We haven't had baptisms every week; we have yet to see one for a few weeks. We are just searching for those who are ready. We have found some families who said they need Christ in their lives. I just get sooooooooooo excited for this work!!!

Recently I read a talk that has impacted me. I think it will make my last marks of my mission very special. It is called ''The 4th Missionary''. That is who I truly strive to be. I have been striving for that my whole mission. I invite to all to read it. I have to say,  I am really excited to push ever more and surrender myself evermore as I let the Lord do as he wants with me.

What blessings, seeing the prayers being answered. I have forever grown a stronger testimony of prayer. I am eternally grateful for the Lord blessing my family and protecting them all from the dark evils out there and for all their efforts in remembering their promises and covenants. I know that the Lord has blessed all of us and I am so grateful for the blessing of seeing all of you doing great!!!

I ask that you  all keep A and M in your prayers s well as JC and JYC, and C. Even add JU and O in your prayers they all are looking for Christ in their lives and need help getting there. Oohhhhhhhhhh I received an envelope!!! Thank you mom!!!! This week has been a great week I have felt the spirit so strongly, I have been striving to become more like Christ by doing as president Harold B. Lee stated:

A. Identify what your weaknesses are.
B. Make a list
C. Each morning review your list, particularly noting the problem you want to work on that day.
D. That night report to Him (the Lord) on your success or failure.

This works. I can testify of it!!!! I have soooooooooo much more I need to do just to even recognize all my weaknesses. I have been doing this for many months and I invite whoever else to do it as well!!!

Can I just say I llllllooooooooovvvvvveeeeeeeeee you all!!!!! May I just scream at the top of my lungs saying MY FAMILY IS HE BEST THING IN THE WORLD!!!!! I hope that you all will be able to bare with me when I get home, because I think I will just squeeze you all tooooo much!!!!

The conference we had with Elder Amado was soooooooooooooo amazing he spoke on the exact things each missionary needed, He truly followed the spirit in each theme. I was so impacted of his knowledge of  the iBble as he acted the scenes of Christ's ministry. He described so well the emotions and attitude of Christ. I was so touched.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment