Monday, July 12, 2010

New letter and pictures!


































Here is part of Jared's letter we were supposed to actually receive last week:


Well I just began my 3rd change, and guess what.....I am not going anywhere!!  I am in Seamay for another 6 weeks!!  I got a new companion!  He is lively and is a very hard worker.  He is awesome and I know we are going to have a great change.  He is from Glenwood Springs, Colorado.  He is blonde hair and blue eyed and has been out on his mission for 13 months and in the Polochic for 9 months.  He knows Qeqchi pretty well.  Well I don't know yet, I have not heard him yet haha...but he should anyway!
Those new areas!!  All I can say is wow, they love us.  They love the missionaries.  We just walked in everyone's houses and they feed us xep.  Bean and corn tortilla stuff, and q'a'aj some amazing corn rinsed drink mmmm!!  Every house was soooo inviting!  We also found more ares and we plan on going there this Friday!  What an amazing, adventurous mission.  I am soooo grateful!  Literally I am the happiest I have ever been!!  This change is going to make the difference too because he has a great personality.  I love my life!!! I can start teaching in Qeqchi and speak...well more or less, I just can't undersand the people to much, but I can understand reading and writing.  I can understand the grammer better than I can speak.  I can read the Lix Hu Laj Mormon...The Book of Mormon and understand so much!  I love reading Qeqchi.  Literally, all I do in my freetime, even on p-days is read in qeqchi.  As i have said before ...''Tink'e inCh'ool re xtz'olbal li q'eqchi," will give my heart to learn the language!!  I am really giving my all and just striving to communicate with the people, because all my desires are to serve and that takes diligence. I love this work, to teach the people here.  They are very different and have a humble heart to them.  I just go in tears when they finally understand what the message of life is about.  When they actually accept our words!  Its unbelievable.  I can always be better and I always strive to be, but I always fall short, we all do.  Thats why Christ is there for me, to carry me.  Ah, the spirit is by far the best companion.  

1 comment:

  1. Those are the cutest photos ever! I'm so excited that he gets to be with Elder Larsen. We just spent a weekend with his family and they are all so amazing! He and Jared will do many wonderful things together. I hope Jordan will get to join them in the jungles soon!

    ReplyDelete