Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Week 52

I am a father now!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! MY CHILD IS AMAZING!!! We get along great and it is so spiritual with him!!!! He is a short, about 5.5. He is from Peru, a recent convert of about 2 years, he has an incredible spirit to him and he loves to work!! That gets me pumped!!!  I WORK HIM GOOD!!!! PS, mom I got the envelopes, thanks so much!!

So, I must admit this area was a very very very bizarre and complete 180 degree turn. This change is soooooooo completely new, it literally felt like entering a completely different mission and starting over. Like entering into another world!! I will be opening an area, with a new missionary, in a language I have rarely ever taught in, a completely different culture and a completely different form of teaching. Talk about pressure!!! As soon as I entered, even Sister Torres (president's wife) asked... “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?? Aren’t you supposed to be in your mountains??” I thought about it...... than realized the Lord has literally called me here for a specific time, I haven't yet found out why but I know there is a reason. I entered with faith, trying to be humble and not complain or have things happen at my will. I must admit that was a challenge in itself. I entered the capital of Guatemala, Roble in zone 6, smoke, exhaust, cars, traffic, buildings, and houses of block, apartments and a grocery store. I was lost.

My companion and I entered with faith, we planned goals right then and there. I wasn’t going to shrink in faith and I went to find my purpose here in Roble as soon as I entered. This ward is unbelievable.  I mean we have incredible support here.  We have young 14 to 15 year olds come out and teach with us and they love it. They go out all day with us!!!  THEY EVEN GET UP to go to seminary at 5 am!!! They are incredible!! We have support from the members and the bishop. We have an amazing ward mission leader (like my brother Ryan Fadel)! I would love to express to you some incredible miracles we have seen in this last week. We began our change here in Roble with 2 people ready to be baptized.  A young boy named Bryan and another named Julio Torres, who is older.  I think he is 70.  They both have dates for baptism this Saturday the 12th of February. Well, we worked hard this week asking for help and references when passing by members. They gave great references, now we put more dates for baptism we have 5 in total here. That is incredible to see!!! This was labeled a hard area. As I mentioned before that, a title for an area is a lack of faith. We had to work hard, we had to find and teach, we had to get rejected and yelled at. All in all, we found 5 souls who are trying to change their lives, and place it into the hands of the Savio, and are cared for under his wing. We have Lesbia a grandmother of a member she accepted the baptismal date, but has a great fear of leaving the apartment into the streets because she is blind. We offered to walk her to church, but she was too scared. She has a date for the 9th of March. We visited a young man who has problems with drinking and drugs, but we told him the beauty of change and how to change. He was very interested and has that desire to change. He will be baptized the 9th of March. We also have another his name is Felix, who is about 80 years old. A very special, kind hearted man and has a great desire to enter into the temple.  His wife passed away and wants to do her work. He has major problems with his knees and can’t walk; he has a 4 legged walking helper thing... (you know, that have the tennis balls on each foot of the walking machine) we told him we would love to see him at church and he said he can’t.  He was sad, but we told him we will find a way. So, we got a hold of a member who told us he would love to pick him up!! (AMAZING SUPPORT OF THE WARD!!) So, Sunday morning we had the great privilege to pick up Felix Marataya  and watch him enter those doors of the chapel!!! I loved that!! Incredible miracles we have seen in just a matter of 4 days!!! WOW! I do miss the mountains and the jungle, but I know I will return. I know if I give my all here, I will carry it with my beloved Q'eqchi' people!!!

 I WANT TO DO TRANSLATIONS FOR THE CHURCH!!! I have such great and positive feelings about that thought!! I just feel so good about that! I know the Lord has blessed me enormously with the language of Qeqchi. I want to cherish it and exercise it. I also am very grateful for this time here in the capital. I can improve my Spanish!!!

I love everyone and thank you all for the great examples you all have given me!! You all are amazing! Thanks for the letters and the love. I WILL BE AN UNCLE!!!!! BAM!!!!

I feel very great about my first year in the mission. I have completed my goals!!! I will set and make goals beyond last year!! You can count on me!!!!!!!!!

Love, AJ YAK (Elder Fadel)

No comments:

Post a Comment