I am sooo happy we have been seeing great success here!!!! The blind lady Lesbia - we picked her up to go to church. We took her by the arms and walked slowly to church. It was incredible!!! She showed up!!! We sent a member to go pick up Felix, but nooo the member couldnt find his house!! That was horrible. José Landelino showed up to church and that was amazing!!! Also, we have been passing with less actives. Victor Ramos, a less active showed up to church and he has been inactive for many many years!! I think 20. The first lesson we taught him, he was soooooooooo humble and loved it!!!! He told us I cant go to church, I don't have a shirt or tie. We told him. ''We will supply no problem!!!!'' After that, yesterday... we saw him enter the chapel with the shirt and tie. Wow, what an incredible sight!!!!!!!! Other less actives showed up as well!
As for the attendance, hahaha. Well the less actives showed up, but yesterday the active members did not. It is because a sickness is going around. So the attendance lowered to 74!!! HORRIBLE!!!!! However, we saw success. There are 12 people who have baptismal dates. Some of them are more difficult than others, but they just need to be humble and I know they all will enter into the waters of baptism. I love this wonderful time to teach my child haha. He is such a dedicated hard worker and I love him. We just click so well. I love how spiritually animated he is and that just flows great with me!!!! We usually bare our testimonies together and share great fun stories of our families. This transfer is going by really really fast and we are seeing fire in this area!!! I know that there are a lot of people waiting for us!!! I am so grateful! This is so much fun teaching and finding and finding when teaching!!! I have learned a lot here and I know my reason I have been called here into the city. I am so happy for the support and the great love I see. I know I can take the ideas of a working ward to those mountains and jungles when i return. I will help them be active and maintain great service amongst each other. I am sooooo HAPPY!!!!!
I had a great spiritual experience yesterday. I am not sure if I have mentioned this in my last letter, but After the High Council from the stake said these words in sacrament meeting,´´If I were a member in this ward, I would be ashamed by not seeing everyone here''. He even stated, ''If I were a missionary here in this ward I would be ashamed''. I was prompted to do something different and find a new way to help the ward. My goal was to hear these words for the next Sunday (yesterday), '' Thanks to those missionaries''. Well, after having pushed day in and day out pounding sweat and working hard. I got the great privilege of hearing those words!! The bishop said it in sacrament meeting. ''Thanks to those Missionaries.....´´ That was an incredible lesson I learned. I was touched by the Spirit just minutes before saying ''listen here''.
We will be seeing baptisms here I am very excited.. Everyone sounds so great. I am just so happy for you all and am grateful. I just wrote Jean Weinburger a letter and the Bishop. I will send them today. Let me know how long it takes for them to get there.
Do you have any questions for me?? How are the Grandmas??? I miss them and regret not visiting them more.......I am horrible. How is the extended family?! You all are just the best I miss you all. I just want to squeeze everyone of you. I am in love with the work and I take the greatest pleasure in seeing the gospel spark the hearts of these people. I take great pleasure in seeing them take steps of faith and overcoming their trails and problems. I am so grateful for my calling!!! I just read one of the most powerful scriptures of the FULLNESS of the gospel being preached. I think it is in 3 Nephi 18. I think it is in the last verses saying how the fullness of the gospel will shut the mouths of kings. Wow, that is such a powerful line. That is saying how the Spirit will touch them so hard that their prideful hearts will be silent. That is what I have seen in my mission, the instant the Spirit hits someone!!!
Loves,
As for the attendance, hahaha. Well the less actives showed up, but yesterday the active members did not. It is because a sickness is going around. So the attendance lowered to 74!!! HORRIBLE!!!!! However, we saw success. There are 12 people who have baptismal dates. Some of them are more difficult than others, but they just need to be humble and I know they all will enter into the waters of baptism. I love this wonderful time to teach my child haha. He is such a dedicated hard worker and I love him. We just click so well. I love how spiritually animated he is and that just flows great with me!!!! We usually bare our testimonies together and share great fun stories of our families. This transfer is going by really really fast and we are seeing fire in this area!!! I know that there are a lot of people waiting for us!!! I am so grateful! This is so much fun teaching and finding and finding when teaching!!! I have learned a lot here and I know my reason I have been called here into the city. I am so happy for the support and the great love I see. I know I can take the ideas of a working ward to those mountains and jungles when i return. I will help them be active and maintain great service amongst each other. I am sooooo HAPPY!!!!!
I had a great spiritual experience yesterday. I am not sure if I have mentioned this in my last letter, but After the High Council from the stake said these words in sacrament meeting,´´If I were a member in this ward, I would be ashamed by not seeing everyone here''. He even stated, ''If I were a missionary here in this ward I would be ashamed''. I was prompted to do something different and find a new way to help the ward. My goal was to hear these words for the next Sunday (yesterday), '' Thanks to those missionaries''. Well, after having pushed day in and day out pounding sweat and working hard. I got the great privilege of hearing those words!! The bishop said it in sacrament meeting. ''Thanks to those Missionaries.....´´ That was an incredible lesson I learned. I was touched by the Spirit just minutes before saying ''listen here''.
We will be seeing baptisms here I am very excited.. Everyone sounds so great. I am just so happy for you all and am grateful. I just wrote Jean Weinburger a letter and the Bishop. I will send them today. Let me know how long it takes for them to get there.
Do you have any questions for me?? How are the Grandmas??? I miss them and regret not visiting them more.......I am horrible. How is the extended family?! You all are just the best I miss you all. I just want to squeeze everyone of you. I am in love with the work and I take the greatest pleasure in seeing the gospel spark the hearts of these people. I take great pleasure in seeing them take steps of faith and overcoming their trails and problems. I am so grateful for my calling!!! I just read one of the most powerful scriptures of the FULLNESS of the gospel being preached. I think it is in 3 Nephi 18. I think it is in the last verses saying how the fullness of the gospel will shut the mouths of kings. Wow, that is such a powerful line. That is saying how the Spirit will touch them so hard that their prideful hearts will be silent. That is what I have seen in my mission, the instant the Spirit hits someone!!!
Loves,
Elder Jared

No comments:
Post a Comment