Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week 66






I just got done with Zone Conference and it was an amazing conference. I sat and heard my president and his wife share their wonderful testimonies. I ended up sharing my talk based on Testimonies. The significance of them and the beauty of possessing them better yet sharing them. I gave the example by explaining the what if situation between a young 3 year old and a hot stove in front of him. Illustrating in their minds that if the child touches it, he receives his knowledge of what the stove's purpose is. I than placed the image of us walking in a path and coming along the path we see many doors blocking our progress in life. I mentioned that we couldn't see or know what was behind the door. Obviously action needed to take place by opening the door and seeing what is on the other side. I mentioned we come across the door with the name ''The Book of Mormon'' now we know the grass is green on this side, but we must open the door to see what is on the other side. ‘‘Is the grass greener?'' or better said we must READ the book to receive the proper testimony. I than elaborated on others. The door titled Sacrifice, Service, Fasting, Prayer, Obedience and Patience. We can never know until we open them for ourselves. We open them one by one until we know and can finally say these following words. 'I know' 'I promise' and 'I testify'. My invitation to the elders was that we could observe ourselves and search which are the doors we still need to open. I told them, because this is the time to do so. I then closed by affirming the words and testimony of Alma in Alma 5:45-46.

I promised you that I would share with you all the great experience that happened the last week. We made the marvelous goal of having 5 people with baptismal dates last week. The week before that we only had 1 person who accepted in all the Zone of 6 companionships. However, this week we saw the miracles. We now have 12 in all the zone. We in our area are still working on getting all five we have 4 right now, but we do have a family. It is amazing to see how fasting and praying all the time has blessed the people and us as well. I know with a firm heart about opening the door of fasting. I have experienced the miracles that it cultivates. The Zone here in Se'nawq' is very close. We are all very close friends and we all support each other. I had the great opportunity to translate for Elder Larson in his final testimony here in Senahu (in q'eqchi' is se'nawq') He is such an amazing elder, I will really miss him. I have appreciated his support and advice and the love he has shown me. He has helped me understand how I can cultivate those attributes of Christ. I have recently heard one of the greatest conversions by a talk in the MTC by Elder Jeffery R. Holland. The zone conference shared this talk. Elder Holland shared about the conversion of Peter, in his innocence and how after Christ left, he had no idea what he would do so he said. ‘‘Let’s go fishing.'' After fishing and not catching a thing, they saw a man out on the beach who said 'throw your nets on the right side of the boat this time.'' The apostles being beat and probably thinking in their minds '' Who does this mysterious man think he is we haven’t got anything.'' But being eager, they did so and what they caught couldn’t be brought in the boat, in fact it was sinking the boat. Then John said in his innocent voice. ''.....It's Him.'' Elder Holland then explained that Peter then jumped out of the boat and fled from the boat. As Peter reached Christ, Christ asked him. ''Peter, do you love me?'’ Peter responds '' I love you.'' Then Christ asks again,” Do you love me?’’ Peter then answers again responding, ''I love you.'' Then Christ possibly increasing his question..... with more intention,'' Peter do you love me.....''  It was then at the moment when Peter became the Great Peter apostle we know. Forget the rejections he did. The cutting off of ears and his subtle mistakes, he than realize that Jesus when he said leave your boat, your fish, and your oars he meant FOREVER. As such with us. WE can’t go back Elder Holland mentioned. I was so touched by the spirit. The room was reduced to a silence where we could hear a pin drop. I felt the impact of those words and know. It is forever. Family I apologize, but it took me a half hour just to get the internet started so my time is over. I love you all and carry you in my prayers. Thank you for your prayers. 

I love you.

Elder Fadel

No comments:

Post a Comment