My dear Lebanese family of mine!!
Well this week has been a great week. I had the great chance to meet our president Watts and his wife!!! We had interviews in Sacsuha, which is located down in Polochic Valley. It is scorching hot down there in
the valley, just imagine with suits on haha. Well let me explain how the first impressions were. We were all seated in the sacrament room in the church in Sacsuha, and in comes president just radiating great
happiness and excitement. We all stood up showing respect and giving a warm welcome to our new president. The attribute that really calls my attention is his LOVE and the LOVE of his wife. He is just always smiling and laughing and really has high hopes for the mission. WE know he has great visions for the mission and we are confident he is going to change the mission. It is interesting looking at sister Watts, because she reminds me soooooooooooooo much of mom..... I was in awe! She is just really filled with the spirit and love that just consumes you. I remember talking to her and feeling as if I were talking with mom haha. In the interview with President he asked if I had goals. I mentioned I did. We talked about it. He elaborated asking ‘Now do you have a plan how to complete it?’’ So, we created a plan together. He is so loving and is super excited to serve with each of us. I love him. He has a laid back characteristic and a spiritual overflow. He has inspired me to become much more loving. I am already completing these goal we are making together.
the valley, just imagine with suits on haha. Well let me explain how the first impressions were. We were all seated in the sacrament room in the church in Sacsuha, and in comes president just radiating great
happiness and excitement. We all stood up showing respect and giving a warm welcome to our new president. The attribute that really calls my attention is his LOVE and the LOVE of his wife. He is just always smiling and laughing and really has high hopes for the mission. WE know he has great visions for the mission and we are confident he is going to change the mission. It is interesting looking at sister Watts, because she reminds me soooooooooooooo much of mom..... I was in awe! She is just really filled with the spirit and love that just consumes you. I remember talking to her and feeling as if I were talking with mom haha. In the interview with President he asked if I had goals. I mentioned I did. We talked about it. He elaborated asking ‘Now do you have a plan how to complete it?’’ So, we created a plan together. He is so loving and is super excited to serve with each of us. I love him. He has a laid back characteristic and a spiritual overflow. He has inspired me to become much more loving. I am already completing these goal we are making together.
I want to share a story about a wonderful man I have met this week. He is a less active, his name is DarĂo Rax. We entered into his house to share a wonderful message about church and about Joseph Smith. At least... that is what we had planned. Upon starting this lesson with him we began singing a hymn and we said a small word of prayer. After having that we began by asking him ‘’Hermano Rax, do you have any questions for us?’’ Humbly he began speaking and hefelt obliged to share his story and his testimony with us. For 30 minutes he bore his powerful testimony of the Church, of his life, of how God has truly blessed him. He is married in the temple. A man who lives on top of a mountain in a wooden hut surrounded by plants shrubbery and trees, it just amazes me!!! He mentions his story how God blessed with his knowledge from one time in his youth. When he was 12 years old (born in the church) he would go to seminary, (he didn’t go to a year of school, so he couldn’t read, not even one letter) He would go to church seminary and receive the message, but he couldn’t grasp the message because of his lack of knowledge. He mentioned, he would go home crying from seminary of his incapabilities. One day, the Lord sent messengers to his door. 2 missionaries came to his door. They were the key that blessed that young seminary student to learn to read. He mentioned, they taught me all the letters and they taught me the numbers 1 to 100. He then continues saying because of that, he grew up has read The Book of Mormon, the Bible and has become THE seminary teacher. Later in his life he received other callings in the church, such as a first counselor in the branch. He mentioned it was because his knowledge through the scriptures God's gifts given to him. It was an amazing testimony that nearly brought me to tears to see how the help of those missionaries have brought that soul to become a huge key to the growth of the church here in Senahu. That man built 3 church buildings and has brought many souls into the church. Knowing this that 2 small young teens, yet servants of god were sent to his door step to teach letters, grammar and numbers - and making that a life changing and a eternal paving moment to these people who desperately need the truth. I had to write his story and share it with you all. I was in awe. More fun moments - waking up at 2 in the morning to fill up a water collecting barrel, because some time in the middle of the night is the only time water comes. So, my companion and I were excited that night haha.
Well I want to mention this funny story. It is true 'never ever reject your callings in church'. I learned a very funny lesson about that yesterday. I was sitting there in church when all of the sudden the branch president says ''Hey, you have to go play piano for us this sacrament meeting........'' Now,I have to let you know…. I CAN NOT PLAY PIANO....I know I made that a goal earlier, but I still CANT haha. When I received that calling I was just sunken in my heart - like ''Uhh....oohhh'' haha…I went up to him and said ''You know I don't know how to read piano music'' and he just smiled and said back at me and said, ''You'll do fine.'' I was just thinking and well I knew I couldn't reject the assignment. So, with a prayer in my heart I played…or I should say I destroyed the beauty of a sacrament meeting, to be frankly honest. I was just laughing as my companion directed the music, while I was hitting sharps and flats in the music every which way possible. I couldn't help but laugh and knowing that everyone was just feeling embarrassed for me. I took this as a lesson and I think the branch president did too. Just a funny story and a great experience to share. I PLAYED THE PIANO FOR SACRAMENT MEETING!!!! GOAL COMPLETE!!! haha I just played the hymns so horribly and the end I just played the treble cleft and just left the bass cleft alone because.....well..... just cause I can't play hahaha.
You all sound amazing and thank you for your kind words, the kind words of president and his wife and my old companions!!! I love them!!! I appreciate it!
I am just excited for the changes. Don't worry, you have my prayers and well these changes at home are quite crazy. Ryan going on a fun amazing service trip. Lindsey, moving up to motherhood and Jimmy to fatherhood. Let's not forget, mother and father taking the leap to the GRAND-level of parenting. I am super excited for this Saturday, we will have 2 baptisms - one is Mario, he is an amazing young man who really is stoked to serve a mission. He wants to be a great missionary and he truly looks up to us. He has the great desire to share this gospel to everyone. He goes to seminary at 5 in the morning and LOVES it. I just gave him a tie and am bought him a hymn book. He just got a triple the other day from the branch president. He is soooooooooo ready for his baptism. Even President Watts mentioned in respect to his amazingness!!!!!! President interviewed him and said, “We need to get him out on a mission after his baptism!!'' Even though Mario has only 16 years of age, he is preparing his way, he will be doing visits with us as well.
We also will be baptizing a reference we received, who is a young girl who is always going to church, but her parents noooooooooooo...that makes me sad!!!
Family I love you and I will talk to you soon RAWR!!!!
You all sound amazing and thank you for your kind words, the kind words of president and his wife and my old companions!!! I love them!!! I appreciate it!
I am just excited for the changes. Don't worry, you have my prayers and well these changes at home are quite crazy. Ryan going on a fun amazing service trip. Lindsey, moving up to motherhood and Jimmy to fatherhood. Let's not forget, mother and father taking the leap to the GRAND-level of parenting. I am super excited for this Saturday, we will have 2 baptisms - one is Mario, he is an amazing young man who really is stoked to serve a mission. He wants to be a great missionary and he truly looks up to us. He has the great desire to share this gospel to everyone. He goes to seminary at 5 in the morning and LOVES it. I just gave him a tie and am bought him a hymn book. He just got a triple the other day from the branch president. He is soooooooooo ready for his baptism. Even President Watts mentioned in respect to his amazingness!!!!!! President interviewed him and said, “We need to get him out on a mission after his baptism!!'' Even though Mario has only 16 years of age, he is preparing his way, he will be doing visits with us as well.
We also will be baptizing a reference we received, who is a young girl who is always going to church, but her parents noooooooooooo...that makes me sad!!!
Family I love you and I will talk to you soon RAWR!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment