Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week 75



So, my new companion’s name is Elder Ethan Olson.  He is from Knoxville, Tennessee.  He has a family of 11 and has 2 adopted brothers. He has a change behind me he has 16 months in his mission. I knew him from a while ago when I was with Elder Larson.

Yesterday, we had a great talk.  We talked about change and the changes God has made in our lives, My companion talked about the importance of being obedient. I felt the spirit so strong and a great happiness overcome me. I am confident and excited for this change!! It is hard to speak English again with an American companion…I still forget so many words. We have been working really hard together and I have been helping my companion with Q'eqchi' a lot he is feeling happy learning and more confident.

Mario, our recent convert is sooooo amazing.  He is such an amazing example. He is taking a mission prep class, which our branch just began and he wants to go and do divisions with us. We visited with him last week and we asked him the basic few questions, - how are you doing with your studies in the scriptures? He said, ''Wonderful, I study TWO TIMES A DAY!!!'' I just couldn´t help but smile and congratulate him and just drop a jaw in seeing how awesome he is. He even is sharing his testimony with his friends. He said '' I tell my friends, but they say I am just crazy.'' We all laughed and just said well that is normal haha.

Well another cool story…a few days ago it was raining really hard and we were hiking this mountain (it ALWAYS rains hard here) and I look up for a moment and see the cell phone service tower that scrapes the sky on top of the mountain just a few hundred feet away from us. Then all of the sudden a lightning bolt strikes this giant tower right at the tip and sparks fly everywhere and the ray just blinded us. There was a huge ground shaking rumble. Right after that all the power and lights went out in the town hahah. It was sweet!!  I am sorry a random story but that was sooooooooooo cool looking.

Well, today we are in Coban, We went to bed at 10 and got up at 12 to catch a early morning bus to Coban with the Zone.  The good thing is our district is the furthest away from them all and the bus begins in our district. So, we got up traveled from 1 am to 6 am and arrived in Coban….and now we are using the internet! It is quite fun.  We just ate McDonalds which was SOOOOO delightfully delectable!! I LOVE IT!!

We also got another or a different less active family to come back to church yesterday. In fact, this guy is a pioneer of the Q'eqchi' people.  He was the first baptism in Senahu.  He was sealed in the temple and has had many callings in church, but slowly grew dimmer and dimmer with his light by seeing the cup half empty. When we visited he stated, ''We haven’t had the missionaries visit us for many, many years.”  I felt that the Lord had guided us missionaries to his door step. His name is Alberto Koy and he is the mayor of Senahu. It is quite the 
amazing blessing to see how the Lord will direct his servants to those who are in need.

I love you family and I am happy. MOM HAPPY SLAP DABBIN BIRTHDAY AND TO MY BELOVED FATHER! LOVE YOU ALL RAWR. I send a birthday kiss, hug and a great smile!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment