I am happy to tell you all, I love my new area!!! I will go from the mountains now down to the Polochik Valley, located in one of the hottest areas in the mission, but a great area!!!! Teleman!!! I will be Zone Leader with Elder Hexem covering 24 missionaries and 12 areas. I am really happy to be with Elder Hexem!!! He is a great, humble elder, really loves working and is a great example to me. He has one change ahead of me, 20 months he has in his mission and he is a very fun companion. He is from Pennsylvania, Bloomsburg. He is a runner, he just loves running and he is a BEAST!! He currently lives in Idaho. He is a great person and we get along great. The first day of the change I had to go to Ch'ulak and do an interview there for a baptism, then I get a call from the elder who took my place in Se'nauq' and he tells me that Gisela the 9 year girl who was getting baptized on the 3rd wanted me to baptize her. So, Elder Hexem and I took a trip back to Se'nauq' which is just an hour trip in bus up the mountain. Then I did the sacred ordinance and everything went perfectly for her baptism. On the 3rd of this month alone we as a zone, we had 7 baptism. Which is pretty great to start off the change!! Se'nauq' will have a baptism this Saturday - Felipe!!! I want to see it, Felipe is such a great person!!! That will be the 10th and then on the 12th in Se'nauq' there is another baptism!! Well, now to talk about Telemann. We will have 2 baptisms of the 17th which will be great. We have Alma who is 12 and Juan Carlos who is 9. Haha I know little kids, but it's just because of the irresponsibility of the parents except for Alma,, she found the church and is actually leading her family, whom we have spoken with and they will come to church. The father is held back a little by his work. However, there are other people who will get baptized. We have some families who are investigating the church!!! I love it when people love finding the truth!!! It is pretty hard to get used to the HUGE weather change from high altitude cool and cold temperature to now one of the hottest areas in the mission!!! I was just soaked my first few days haha. I am just really excited to give my all in this work!! I really don't think of home, I am just too busy and I am just too in love with this wonderful work!!!! In Telemann I must say there is s o o o o o much dust and sand thrown everywhere. So, I get really dirty super fast. Especially when I am sweating, it just sticks, but it makes for great pictures ;) haha.
I am now a Grandfather in the mission. Elder Taco (my child) is now TRAINING WOW! He is training a missionary from the Dominican Republic!! His name is Elder Rojas.
Right now I am typing you all from the capital of Guatemala, in the same hotel I stayed in when I came to Guatemala with my seminary teacher Brother Peirce. The Grand Tikal Futuro Hotel!! It is so stunning!! I am currently down here for the Zone Leader Conference with President Watts for tomorrow. Today is our P-day. I have been eating really I MEAN REALLY GOOD TODAY!!! I am even taking some food to my area!! We plan on eating at Chili's or Applebee's!!!! WHAT!!!!! I just had some McDonalds and bagels…oh wow it is just the best. I even bought some POP TARTS!!! Wow, the chocolate sundae flavor is the best thing in the world!!! This food is just crazy, I keep forgetting how the states taste. I love having a great old reminder often.
I have created a new thing I am doing. Each month we receive the issues of the Liahona. I will be translating the ''Message from the First Presidency'' to Q'eqchi.’ I will make copies for all the elders to share with their investigators, so they can hear and read the words of our living prophet, because the Liahona does not exist in Q'eqchi'. I was just thinking hard one night and meditating on new ways to help the Q'eqchi' people and well, this came to mind. I think it will bring great fruits to have these people know that a living prophet exists. I have already done the August issue and now I am translating with my companion the September issue. I have to say I truly love translating it is super fun!!! It also allows time for me to really appreciate and take apart the works of the prophet even more. It is truly a great blessing to read their words every month. A great scripture I want to share is found in Helaman 10 speaking about denying prophets and knowing their true authority like that of Nephi.
I am now a Grandfather in the mission. Elder Taco (my child) is now TRAINING WOW! He is training a missionary from the Dominican Republic!! His name is Elder Rojas.
Right now I am typing you all from the capital of Guatemala, in the same hotel I stayed in when I came to Guatemala with my seminary teacher Brother Peirce. The Grand Tikal Futuro Hotel!! It is so stunning!! I am currently down here for the Zone Leader Conference with President Watts for tomorrow. Today is our P-day. I have been eating really I MEAN REALLY GOOD TODAY!!! I am even taking some food to my area!! We plan on eating at Chili's or Applebee's!!!! WHAT!!!!! I just had some McDonalds and bagels…oh wow it is just the best. I even bought some POP TARTS!!! Wow, the chocolate sundae flavor is the best thing in the world!!! This food is just crazy, I keep forgetting how the states taste. I love having a great old reminder often.
I have created a new thing I am doing. Each month we receive the issues of the Liahona. I will be translating the ''Message from the First Presidency'' to Q'eqchi.’ I will make copies for all the elders to share with their investigators, so they can hear and read the words of our living prophet, because the Liahona does not exist in Q'eqchi'. I was just thinking hard one night and meditating on new ways to help the Q'eqchi' people and well, this came to mind. I think it will bring great fruits to have these people know that a living prophet exists. I have already done the August issue and now I am translating with my companion the September issue. I have to say I truly love translating it is super fun!!! It also allows time for me to really appreciate and take apart the works of the prophet even more. It is truly a great blessing to read their words every month. A great scripture I want to share is found in Helaman 10 speaking about denying prophets and knowing their true authority like that of Nephi.
I love you family and I need to get going my time is giggling and giggle gone!!! My joy is full and the spirit is strong with me!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment