Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Week 83












So, this week we ended up having 1 baptism of the 5 planned. This week however we have planned 3 baptisms and then the following week 1 so we will see some great things coming to pass here!!! I do have to share some touching stories that have occurred this last week. I had the opportunity to go visit one of the converts Elder Larson and I had in Se'amay. William Hernesto Xol quiix.(I am sending a picture of him and me in this email) I have spoken about him many times. He is the one who is planning on leaving to his mission. He just sent in his papers officially. Well this last week I had the most beautiful lessons with him. We gathered and We just began talking and well the missionary who I was doing divisions with says to me,''Hey I think you should share some words with Will. He really looks up to you and could use some great words.'' I paused and sat there in my seat and pondered on the past times I had with William. I reflected and I gathered my words. I just poured my greatest gratitude to him, for the moment he discovered the truth and the moment he grew and excelled. I mentioned how I noticed the growth, and the beauty of seeing his ability to change. After I shared my testimony, he began pondering, and then him staring at the ground thinking, his eyes began to water. He began telling us his story. He mentions the greatest moment of his conversion was the memory when I directly handed him the Book of Mormon, when I was doing  a division with Elder Tzunux in my area when I was on my 4th change. William remembered it perfectly and he began describing it. He mentions how from that time he got the Book of Mormon and read it. Then that is when his desires flared to be baptized. I have to say I have never seen a more valiant man or convert. He continues his story by explaining the moment he told his parents he wanted to be baptized, they we appalled and refused it. He couldn't let it go. For he read and prayed. He began attending church more often and then seminary in the mornings. Then his parents became angry with him. He later accepted his date for baptism and what ends up happening was the direction of 2 paths. Be with his parents (he is only 18 at this time) or join the church. I say this because eventually his parents abandoned him, left cold, and all alone. He was left without shelter, his parents left for Coban. They threw him out, and tore down the house in which they lived. He was left alone, for reading a book... The book which caused this disputes. It all began from his desires to know God... but he never shrunk, he never failed. He mentioned despite the problems, being left homeless and having them tear down that house literally because they didn't want  him to accept this, he NEVER GAVE UP!! At this point in telling us he paused, just overcome by his emotions. He then says,''When I read the Book of Mormon, I cry... because of its truths I feel pain for changes I need, and joy for its promises.'' His desires to serve a mission grew from this book, from his emotions and he continues and thanks me and Elder Larson for our examples and the motive and style of missionary he wants to be. He appreciated my example and that specific night I gave him The Book of Mormon. Right now he lives with his uncles and is happy, he is just loving church and preparing a way his mission. I told him I would get him whatever things he needs. He said he would like some luggage. I would love to buy him his luggage for his things I think I will do that!!! He is such a precious man. What a blessing it is to know him!!!!!!This week has been amazing spiritually!!! I had some great experiences Dad just beginning lessons with a spiritual experience and baring my testimony with the Book of Mormon. THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA!!! That was so wonderful it really brings the spirit so strongly. We were teaching a family, the father was very sad for his wife who is in bed sick and who had suffered much and had been operated on. This family they are members. However, they need special comfort in this tender moment. I then felt the impression to share a story about how the Lord effects miracles to those who are faithful. I shared the time when you got shot dad. I can say every time I have shared this story and this miracle with those souls I teach, I have literally wept tears each and every time I share it. It just expands my gratitude for what I have. My father living and for the time I have had you to walk with me and talk with me and share laughs together. I cry in behalf of the efforts you have made in your life. The struggles in supplying for the family and yourself and the sacrifices made. Yet the outstanding blessings received to the faithful. I love you all, thank you!!! Sorry so short!!

No comments:

Post a Comment