Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week 103


My dear family,

I have to say I am very grateful to have this last area that has so much work to be done. If I didn't I am pretty sure I’d be thinking about you all a lot haha. I do think about you all, because I love you. I know that all of you are just doing great. I can see a dramatic growth in all of you. Even though you may not see as such. I will say personally I have felt your changes for the better. I am glad to hear the wonderful news about the dandy Macy!!! I am happy to hear about your experiences and your activities. I know that you all are excited for the family to be reunited again. I am too!! I was reflecting with my companion about it. He asked me, ''Are you excited to see your family?'' I responded, ''OF COURSE!!!!'' haha However it is bittersweet as you all can imagine. I will have to personally thank each and every one of you for your support. For taking just 5 minutes or 10 minutes of your time to write me, weekly or monthly. I will thank you. Those letters truly mean a lot to me.

Dad how is the business going on?? Mom what new fun activities are you doing?? Ryan School??? I know you will be in ever harder classes but, you'll have to hang out with me when you get the slightest break!!! Lindsey I know you’re sick, I pray that you'll feel better!!! I know you're having a blast with your nee ner daughter!!

This week has been crazy. Mauricio and Jorge's family still haven't received the answers to their prayers whether they should be baptized or not. AHHHHH!!! It was kind of hard haha, we are trying everything!! It is a trial of faith honestly. My companion and I made goals as I have written earlier that we want to baptize this change, on Saturday we were planning for my final week, when we just stared at the goal for baptisms. I just stared at it..... I remembered the goal of baptizing this final change and having 4 people getting ready for a baptism the next change.... well we have planned a person we want to be baptized, my goal is for her to be baptized this Saturday. She is the daughter of Jorge. I personally think her baptism will be the answer to the prayers of Jorge and his wife Herlinda. It didn't hit us until yesterday that we could probably baptize her. I just had to call and ask the ZLs if she could be baptized only having 4 times in church (it’s a rule we have in our mission, people under the age of 18 need to attend church at least times to be baptized, however the rules have changed with Pres. Watts) so the ZLs gave us permission. We are going to talk to her and the family TODAY!!!!! We pray that she'll be baptized this Saturday as my farewell gift.

Right now we taught a wonderful family, Maynor and his wife Floricelda. Floricelda is the daughter of an inactive family. However they wanted to listen to our messages, Saturday we taught them the plan of salvation and they just loved it. They understood it and well when we started talking about our purpose in life, we talked about following Christ and baptism. We then asked Maynor if he has been baptized, and he answered no. So then we invited him to be baptized and he happily accepted it. His wife comes in the room right after we make the invitation, (she ran in the kitchen really quick to flip the tortillas) then we asked her. She responded.....''I don’t know''....she ends up asking her husband if he accepted to be baptized, and he said'' yes, yes I did'', she then says '' ok, I will'' hahaha. That
was pretty funny, when we invited him, he really felt the spirit and wanted to accept it. We'll just have to help her feel the spirit more. We have their baptism planned for the 10 of March, due to the wedding we'll have to do for them. I am excited because the work is elevating here!!! To be honest a lot of elders talk bad about K'anlun, I can't tell you how many times I have heard complaints or jokes about K'anlun. We are changing that. This place does have its trials, that is true, but it has great potential that we are now seeing the progress to what it will soon become. We are preparing the branch to enter into the new chapel. The new chapel is sooooo beautiful for such a poor area, they used to just gather in houses and have the ordinances, which right now we are doing, but this week the chapel will be finished. We are praying that they will dedicate it soon so I can see it!! We are preparing the branch now so they can be really organized for the new building they will enter into.

The Relief Society is doing great, I just bought them all a reward for their visits that they are doing. I just bought them 2 huge 3 liter bottles of SUPER COLA that they will enjoy, I have completed another one my goals to have the relief society president teach. YES I DIDN'T teach RS!!! I MADE THE TEACHER TEACH!!! SUCCESS!! haha With that time I had, I went into the priesthood quorum and organized the visits for the brethren, they all got really excited and are going to do their visits this Saturday!!! We are creating more organization for these branches and it feels so good seeing the branch just feel happier and seeing the members more excited about church.

Yesterday, we had church in darkness, there was no light in the house in which the meetings were held. So we had our meetings in a pitch black room haha. At the last hour, my companion says the closing prayer and right at the end of his prayer, the power comes back on and the light comes on in the house hahaha. That was a funny experience!

I was talking with my companion about what I should do for my last week. We started talking about sacrifices I should make my last week. We have planned to wake up early to go study and get out and work as soon as we could and only have half hour lunches and just pound the work in!!!

Elder Ware has taught me so many precious things about life, I have learned a lot from him, I truly know why God has put me with him these last 4 weeks. I am going to be eternally grateful for my time with him.

I am preparing myself to go home and going to my next stage in life. Sorry if I am weird in your eyes haha.

I love you all so much and thank you all for your wonderful letters!!!! RAWR!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment