My dear family, I appreciate your nice emails I am thankful for your words of advice and the chance I have to give all I have to see people come unto Christ.
The plan that we made in the branch went very well!!!!! The sisters did the visiting teaching, and we gave talks and well this Sunday a member gave a talk too!!! I even brought ties for the branch presidency, (because they don't use ties,) that all changed I am glad we are lifting up K'anlun. We even began doing Sunday school, we used to just have 2 hours of church, but I felt they needed to change that, so I volunteered to teach Sunday school. After that I had to teach Relief Society again haha. The Relief Society president wasn't at church today so I was assigned to teach. I just taught about the benefit of the visiting teaching they do. I compared it with the 'growing snow toy' you gave me for Christmas, they all were amused and loved the object lesson. My talk in church was about The Book of Mormon, I did that because I knew there are many members who don't know a single thing about that book. I asked them directly, ''Do you even know what this book is??'' Then I compared it to what they hear from their neighbors, '' Do you ever hear from friends, family members,or neighbors, 'Oh that is the bible of the Mormons?' They all laughed because it is true they hear that. I gave them more examples how to defend their faith. It was, what I felt exactly what they needed.
We have seen a great increase in the branch with the organization, in just 2 weeks of preparation. The sad thing is all our great investigators DIDN'T SHOW UP TO CHURCH!!!!! That is a heart breaker!!! We have had great lessons and really have found out their problems even to explain the need to come to church, and they say ''WE'LL GO!! :)))'' With that said, I found myself in that church house without any investigators. Mauricio is learning so much about the restored gospel and loves reading the Book of Mormon, this week we changed him to be baptized, he accepted, until we told him the date in which we would have his service, he than doubted and had questions so we answered, at the end of that lesson he said, ''I will pray to know what God wants, and I will go to church.''
He really is the greatest guy, he has that heart to know the truth, he really wants to know, he truly does, when we passed by in the morning on Sunday he wasn't home, he went with his member brother Hipòlito somewhere, that hurt me to the soul.
We had a great lesson with a family. The family BF, they are struggling spiritually, and are in great need of reassurance that God lives, J, the father said that it is impossible for him to complete all the commandments of God, he said, ''I have giving and giving and giving to God in my church (another church) and I felt like I haven't received anything, my crops die, my cows die. I don't receive anything.'' We shared some precious truths with him about receiving blessings, and about trials. We promised him (due to our authority which soon I won't have any more :(( )) that the lord would abundantly bless him if he prayed and asked of God if He was there.
I have made my goals for after my mission. ! 1 year, 5 year and 10 year goals. I pray that I may complete them. For I know that I will be greatly blessed in doing so. Family don't be trunkey hahaahahahahaha I still have work to do haha. However I do keep to heart your kind and warming words. They really enrobe me with such great happiness knowing that all of you, each and every one of you, have been at my side this whole time. I pray that you have felt that I have been at yours. I know this work is the greatest work that is needed here on earth! I know my authority and calling is that of Apostles, like unto the Capitalized 'A' to a lower cased 'a', they have the same functions and the same power, and that is the truth in which we missionaries have. Our title is still the same ''ELDER'' or in this context the letter 'A' . The letter doesn't change in its shape in the words it is found in. I was taught this from our Area Presidency from the second Counselor Elder Amado, I am glad he had taught me that. I have learned my potential as a missionary I am praying I will end it saying, 'That is it, Lord, I have done it, I did my best, I don't have any regrets, nope, not one.'' I will cry that day............ I truly, truly will.
Like I have said before, it doesn't end here, I am His servant for life, my will is so wanting to be His will. It is His will.
Today we went to Rio Dulce a tourist sight, it was a wonderful place to be we went to an old castle and of course I just took sooooo many photos. I bought more stuff for the family. I have more stuff being hand made by some Mayan ladies in the Ch'ulak Mountains, I hope you all with like the nee ners I will bring you all.

No comments:
Post a Comment