Monday, August 30, 2010

Baptisms



What an interesting week!! I don’t have any clean clothes right now. In fact for 4 days now, I have been wearing the same pants, garments, and shirt. Through rain and through mud, so sometimes I sleep wet haha. Well, I am currently wearing, white ankle socks and a yellow shirt!! Green pants and blue tie, black wet shoes. It is just because we can’t get clothes from the lady. The clean clothes will get soaked if you go up when its raining. DONT PANIC!!!! It is just a funny fact Mom, don’t cry. I have clothes and everything is good. I just want to tell you have funny I look and how bad I smell.

Wow those pictures of Elder Johnson!!!! Amazing!! That elder is so great!! I love the photos of Sean too. That M&M event sounded amazing!!! You all sound so great!!! Wow!!! I love my time in the mission. I am growing and developing attributes I truly need and desire. What a beautiful time for me to dedicate this time to the Lord!!! Family, you all are amazing, friends, everyone whose eyes sit and reflect these words! You are in my prayers. May I once again thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I can feel them incredibly!!! Please pray that I may learn this language of Qeqchi and with the ability to teach these beautiful people, in a way that they will understand.  Also, for them to always have the Savior in mind.

I say this because its tough, these people, no matter how simple we make it, just won’t understand what we are teaching. I always keep Alma 26:22 in mind (I have repeated this scripture to you all many times) but I need more. I need to think and be as Christ. He could teach even the stiffest necked, hard hearted people. I can’t describe my desire to be like him!!! I just need those mysteries of God upon me. I know I am a weak person but only through my Savior may I obtain anything I so desire!!!

I am loving these people soooooooo much and just have such energy working with these humble people. I could squeeze the kids. I am in just the right place for me.

So we had our baptism this Saturday!!!! SARA and MILTON!!! I baptized Milton, a young 12 year old.  My companion did the honors for Sara’s baptism. It was amazing; we had to boil like 12 pots of water to heat up the baptismal fount, because she had a C-section.  So, we kept heating the pot of water throwing it into the fount, then filled it back up again!! haha

I stink soooo bad!!!!! Awe I just got a sniff of my clothes!!!!!!

Hey, can I ask for some Dear Elders, or hand written letters? I can read those letters after I am done proselyting any night.

I love you all and just want to express to you all that I am well. Well in health, well in strength... ( I gained stomach weight) and I am just happy!!!!

Laj Yak
Elder Jared Fadel




*Jared doesn't send many pics via e-mail, so thank you to Elder Larsen's family for the pictures on Tayler's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment