So, there was a soccer tournament going on nearby where we are earlier this week. So, there were people from everywhere up here. My companion and I happened to go to Senahu during this time and went to a comedor (eating place) and there were these Guatemalan girls from Coban (a place south of us.) My companion and I enter and all the girls go ‘'Ohhhhhhh looky looky!!! MMMMMM'' We were scared, but we sat down and ate. We had no choice but to sit next to them, there were no other seats available. We were enjoying our food and these girls wanted to flirt, but we ignored them. Then my comp and I came up with a great idea. “Let us speak to them in Qeqchi.'' One of the girls looks at me and asks ''Where are you from?'’ Before I responded she said ''I am going home with you.'' I just looked at her and I said ''STOP FLIRTING and NEVER!!!!'' Again, I said this in Qeqchi, which was soooo funny, because only the workers from the comedor understood what I said, and all laughed.. the flirty girl was confused and didn’t understand. Elder Larson and the workers, waiters, and I just laughed. Haha, good story, but it got worse, because later she was trying to sit close to me and to put her arm around me, so I quickly moved. She then gave up and left and blew a kiss to me when she was leaving out the door. I just looked at my comp.... he pauses, than just laughs out loud!!!
SCARYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to explain now some great discoveries I have found during my last week about the Mayans in the past as to now. Also, about the exact language, and people I am with. First, you know how you have been to Chiken Itza? Well the people there knew a god called Quetzalcoatl (as you know) the god who is white, with a beard, white clothing, and blue eyes. He helped aid the people and gave them medicine, agriculture ideas, and a calendar. He is known to them as the creator of the world, who we know as Jesus Christ. Down south from where I am, the Mayans would call him Kukulkan, but I realized that the Qeqchi people have called and worshiped Kukulkan and claim him as Jesus Christ too...... SCARY!!!! The word Q'uq'ulkan as written in Qeqchi is the same as Kukulkan. It is broken down from the words q'uq'= the quetzal bird, Kan = K'anti' =Snake serpant. They claimed this god as the FEATHEREDSERPANT!!! It was weird to break this all down!!! Ancient Mayans worshipped the Rain God 'Chaak' and in Qeqchi claims the adjective ''Chaqi'' = DRY. The ancient Mayans used the special supplement to worship their rulers with Kakaw = Cocoa= chocolate. Qeqchi people still used the same word, Kakaw for chocolate. Plus!!! In the old Mayan beliefs there is a place called 'Xibalba,' where there were 2 heroes, who whould fight in the UNDERWORLD called xibalba and those 2 heroes, sbalanke, and hunahpu, became the sun, the moon, and rise and return to the underworld Xibalba..... now this is where it gets weird... in Qeqchi we call Outer darkness, or hell – Xbalba. I was sooo weirded out discovering this!!!!!
Also, something for you family!!!! :) Remember when I went to Guatemala before my mission and I told you we had sacrament on top of a Mayan temple? Well, I found the name of the temple and the age of it tooooo!!!! It’s in Belize. The temple name is called 'caana' which means ''Sky Place.'' Which came to pass in 600 b.c., where over 120,000 people lived and farmed!!! Just a cool thought, thinking we had a good time there. Well I just wanted to share some cool facts and tell you some connections to their beliefs. Also, how the words and things connect...weird things!!!
I just want to say I am happy I have all my clothes thank gooooooodness and I love life!!! I am just the happiest missionary and love everyone’s support!! I am glad to be on the Lord’s errand. I am loving these beautiful people and the work more and more everyday!! I miss you all and have you all in my prayers! and I really am glad you email me. thank you I appreciate the support and love. I can feel everyone’s prayers!!
Hey those photos I sent got rejected so I need to send them again, I think I will just send them with an elder who is going home in 3 weeks. He will hand deliver them to our house mom and dad. Love you and enjoy the photos when he gets them to you.
Just remember your Savior in your heart and yes, life is perfect!!!
LOVE, Loq'laj Yak
Elder Jared Fadel
SCARYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to explain now some great discoveries I have found during my last week about the Mayans in the past as to now. Also, about the exact language, and people I am with. First, you know how you have been to Chiken Itza? Well the people there knew a god called Quetzalcoatl (as you know) the god who is white, with a beard, white clothing, and blue eyes. He helped aid the people and gave them medicine, agriculture ideas, and a calendar. He is known to them as the creator of the world, who we know as Jesus Christ. Down south from where I am, the Mayans would call him Kukulkan, but I realized that the Qeqchi people have called and worshiped Kukulkan and claim him as Jesus Christ too...... SCARY!!!! The word Q'uq'ulkan as written in Qeqchi is the same as Kukulkan. It is broken down from the words q'uq'= the quetzal bird, Kan = K'anti' =Snake serpant. They claimed this god as the FEATHEREDSERPANT!!! It was weird to break this all down!!! Ancient Mayans worshipped the Rain God 'Chaak' and in Qeqchi claims the adjective ''Chaqi'' = DRY. The ancient Mayans used the special supplement to worship their rulers with Kakaw = Cocoa= chocolate. Qeqchi people still used the same word, Kakaw for chocolate. Plus!!! In the old Mayan beliefs there is a place called 'Xibalba,' where there were 2 heroes, who whould fight in the UNDERWORLD called xibalba and those 2 heroes, sbalanke, and hunahpu, became the sun, the moon, and rise and return to the underworld Xibalba..... now this is where it gets weird... in Qeqchi we call Outer darkness, or hell – Xbalba. I was sooo weirded out discovering this!!!!!
Also, something for you family!!!! :) Remember when I went to Guatemala before my mission and I told you we had sacrament on top of a Mayan temple? Well, I found the name of the temple and the age of it tooooo!!!! It’s in Belize. The temple name is called 'caana' which means ''Sky Place.'' Which came to pass in 600 b.c., where over 120,000 people lived and farmed!!! Just a cool thought, thinking we had a good time there. Well I just wanted to share some cool facts and tell you some connections to their beliefs. Also, how the words and things connect...weird things!!!
I just want to say I am happy I have all my clothes thank gooooooodness and I love life!!! I am just the happiest missionary and love everyone’s support!! I am glad to be on the Lord’s errand. I am loving these beautiful people and the work more and more everyday!! I miss you all and have you all in my prayers! and I really am glad you email me. thank you I appreciate the support and love. I can feel everyone’s prayers!!
Hey those photos I sent got rejected so I need to send them again, I think I will just send them with an elder who is going home in 3 weeks. He will hand deliver them to our house mom and dad. Love you and enjoy the photos when he gets them to you.
Just remember your Savior in your heart and yes, life is perfect!!!
LOVE, Loq'laj Yak
Elder Jared Fadel

No comments:
Post a Comment