Thursday, November 11, 2010

Week 39

I just received 2 packages, I am assuming they are for my birthday so I will not open them yet. Well I thank you all for your prayers, because we finally after 6 hard weeks of trying to get an investigator to church……we finally got one. YES!!! We had the privilege to see René and his son enter the church and participate in the sacrament! What a beautiful sight. Our branch is starting to get the attendance back. Yesterday, we had 50 in church and the week before that there was 26. Sad, I know,  but 50 YES!!! Great news I just officially named a child, legally and in the city records. A family came up to me and asked, “What should we name our child?” So, I insisted, “NAME HER LINDSEY!!!!'' So, they took it and wrote it down and now I have officially named a q'eqchi' baby after my
beloved sister.

I like this area more, because it is starting to progress.  However, I do prefer my last zone, because the people are more righteous up there.... but I can battle it here. I am in the mountains, yes.  I have to drive an hour from a small city called 'Carcha' to our area, which is nothing but corn fields, hills and just hut houses. It still seems like my old area, but I do enjoy driving down to Carcha and typing letters there. Also, getting good food there. There is nothing in Chicojl (the area I am in) just pure peace. I ABSOLUTELY love living in the church it is soooooooo peaceful and when the time for church comes around I don’t have to walk far anymore ha-ha. Woooooowww!! MARI!!!! No way!! Tell me how he proposed to her please if want to hear details hahaha.

We get changes today and I don’t know yet where I am going, but I will find out as soon as I return to my area. So, this will be exciting, but who knows if will even get a change. I am just happy with where ever. The Lord has blessed me a lot and it is so apparent. I truly am grateful for each place I will be called, because I know for a fact that is where the Lord has desired me to go. So, today we went to some caves by my area, but today I cannot send photos. I will be able to next week. These computers don’t allow me to do that. These caves were huge and incredible!!!  It was just like 'PLANET EARTH,' that amazing Discovery Channel show I watched all the time at home. Just stunning scenery, and the rock formations!! I wanted to ROCK CLIMB so bad ha-ha. I held back obviously, because I know it is against mission rules.  Yes, rock climbing is in the white missionary handbook. I will be sure to let you know how things are next week if just have to find out the changes.

I love you all and appreciate your prayers.  I will crank up the work to the max!!

No comments:

Post a Comment