Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 55

Today, I just had the great a wonderful privilege to go to the temple with our zone!!!!! We woke up at 4:30 to go to the early session!!! We entered and we saw Elder Martino of the 70 and the 2nd counselor of the area presidency here. We did a session with him!!!!! Yaaaa!!! Also, I did the session in Q'eqchi', but of course I love the stinking language!!!!! It has been soooo long since I have been to the temple.  When I entered I could tell I have changed, it was indescribable what I felt, but I could tell my reception to feeling and taking in the spirit has increased incredibly. I put a lot of my loved ones on the prayer roll. I love feeling the direction of the spirit guiding my every step.

We have been working hard and work until the very last minute, I mean the last!! We have been pushing and pushing and just pushing some more!!!!!!!!!! Let me bare you the great powerful truth of going the 2nd mile. We have had this whole change where we would find people during the day, but then they end up not fulfilling their commitments. We get a lot of rejections, but we continue and just push with faith.  For some special reason every night when we get to the last 10 minutes of the proselyting time we find the most success. This has happened to us so amazingly this last week. We found a young couple whom just recently had their first born child. We taught them of the Plan of Happiness and the father loved it. We invited him to church and he was like YES. We passed by that morning to pick him up, (he told us he didn’t get any sleep last night from his baby crying so he needed sleep), but he was very sensillo.  We passed by after church and told him everything that we learned in that ward conference. He loved it and his wife loved it, because it was about the family!!! Their names are Alfredo and Amanda.  Please keep them in your prayers.  Also, Lesbia, Felix Morataya, Jorge Estrada, Julio Torres and Dora!!!! These names mean so much to me and my companion!!!! We are seeing great fruits here and my companion is just awesome.  We are just a great team. I need to take him to Polochik with me. He needs the mountains!!!!!! I have seen great miracles here. I know I will be going to the mountains again  soon. I will be able to carry up there what I have learned here, how the church members work, and what is needed in a branch to get it working!!!

The temple was just amazing, I can’t even explain!! I really just felt the greatest influence over come me. I  know without a doubt the great power and truthfulness of the gospel. I know it is possible to be more receptive to feeling the Spirit. Holding more, as in cranking up more volts, I know the capacity to hold the Spirit can grow and enlarge even more. I am a witness of that and a great testimony of that. A great question is ‘How do I know what the Spirit says?’ and ‘How does the spirit talk?’ READ Chapter 4 of Preach my Gospel. I love you all and you all are in my prayers. I am ready to just burst. I am sooooo excited doing the work of the Lord!!!!!

Laj Yak Elder Jared Fadel

No comments:

Post a Comment