Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 57

So…I am leaving this area - I am leaving El Roble. I have a change and it is a sad thing to leave for the following, MY CHILD. He is amazing, (MIJO!!) Elder Taco is so amazing!!! I am also leaving away some amazing friends and also great investigators. I am leaving without seeing the baptisms of my dear friends. I am so glad I had these six weeks with Elder Taco. I am so glad I learned soooo much about working hard, strengths and about cultivating new attributes to overcome my weaknesses. I am so glad I entered into the city with such a willing heart and an open mind to learn and to exercise the faith I never knew I had. I look back and say. ''That wasn’t me.'' Really I can't explain what happened, or how it happened, just seeing miracle after miracle. Those were really not of me. I know that really it was the Lord taking over, as I completely submitted myself into his hands. I learned my purpose of why I was called there in El Roble. I was out to find it and oh did I find it! I found out the humility needed, the extreme faith and submission in all times, in all things, and in all places. We found the souls who were in need, who needed the missionaries. There would have been no other way that we could have found them. Only by going the extra mile. I have no doubt of that principle. Dad, as you shared and as Jimmy shared it. I know and I can finally join in with you on seeing the fruit from constantly exercising everyday.  Also, the extra steps to reach the final people on the final minute. May I express my great gratitude for the blessing of listening. I learned how to truly exercise and magnify the voice in my ear. I was having a debate, “How can I truly determine the whisperings of the Spirit?” So, I made my daily goal on that. Upon applying this I have learned how to magnify the voice and truly see its works.

I don't know exactly where my new area is, but I do know that I am going in with a full purpose and desire!! As always, I won’t slow down! Every change I make the great goal of being like a brand new missionary. READY to teach, preach and baptize. With this YOU CAN NEVER be lazy or trunky. I see the blessings of this in my mission. May I just say I still look up to the great missionary my uncle was, M.K. I thank you so much for that letter you sent my dad while he was serving a mission. I know it touched him. It truly has the same effect on me. I give my great gratitude to Jimmy for sharing your stories and telling me to serve with all my might mind and strength. My beloved brother mahanraymoriancamur, (Ryan) for your mission and setting that example to me. Of course my mother and her dander stories of being the great missionary she was and the greatest hero one could have, my dad. Dad you have set the level of how a missionary is and what the needs are. I can’t look at a mission for anything less. For these 2 years are the marking periods for those future blessings. WHY NOT GIVE YOUR ALL!!! I have been supplying my companion with spiritual feasts and the feelings of excitement doing everything according to God's will. I show him it’s wrong and sad to see other missionaries not doing what’s commanded in the mission. I show him the rewards and blessings from always pushing 'just that much more'. I may have been the trainer, but upon teaching him he taught me. I love him. I love hearing his conversion story over and over and over. He is a convert of only 2 years. Yet his faith and his aspirations are beyond anyone I have seen. He has his life straight and has suffered a lot. As he shares his testimony, I have just such a great happiness for him. He is such a great leader and a great learner. Family, you all sound amazing! You all are strong!! I am always smiling!!!! I love thinking about the family and about our fun times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment