I need to share with you all the great stories of this week, So I remember mentioning the Mayor of Senahù, Alberto and his wife to you. How they left going to church and felt like they weren’t ever going to make their return back. Until they saw us two missionaries, as they stated that they have never received the missionaries, because they have never passed by. Then, last week they made their return back and are more than happy now. That brought huge amount of joy to my soul.
We had an investigator who is married to a recent convert. He and his wife stopped going to church because of offenses and them being placed in Church discipline. In fact, he has been in church discipline for over 5 years and said that the leaders haven't taken the time to take the discipline away. As my companion and I passed with them about three times we shared the message about The Family: A Proclamation to the World. We left that for their reading assignment and then the next time we returned with them, we shared a message of nourishing our testimonies. (Alma 32) We all read that together. They mentioned to us, ''We read that proclamation, and we were really touched.'' The investigator saying we would like you to teach my wife (the recent convert of about 3 years) about the temple. He said that in fact, we want to get married in the temple and we know we have to make our return back to church. We will make goals..... and have planned together that we want to go to church THIS Sunday. My companion sat there in silence in AHHH, mouths dropped and overwhelming feelings. He really wants to get out of discipline and he was stating that so he can have the eternal blessings of the temple with his wife!!
That Sunday, they entered and my heart just dropped with an excitement and an overwhelming peace. As we see smiles creep up on the faces of these 2 families. After Sacrament we assigned an interview for this investigator and his wife. I returned to the sacrament meeting for the other branch, as I was listening to the talks of the members I saw the investigator waving me down. I came rushing over to him and he pulled me aside and said. '' Elder Fadel, I just had my interview and well... I'm free.... I am free!'' Instantly my eyes fill up with tears taken by great happiness that I couldn't control I cried with happiness and gave him a big hug. '' I feel great!'' he told me. '' We have many goals we are working on now. This Friday we are having a get together at my house…come at 7.'' he said. I was so incredibly happy and just filled with the greatest peace and happiness that it is just indescribable.
A third family is making their return back to church, This family has stopped going to church for over 15 years, I have already mentioned many stories about them, but they are making a return this next week!!!!
I have a great story. So just 2 days ago my companion and I are having lunch at a small eating place of my two converts. As we were eating in comes two trucks filled with people and some running political parties here in Guatemala. A running governor and the runner up for mayor with their team. They enter into the eating place with us and begin eating. I had the great idea come up to me. ''I'm going to proselyte to these guys''. Upon eating we making small conversation with the large group they asked about where we were from and how we learned the language and much small talk was made, They bring up religion and of course I ask, “Where do you all attend?'' They responded with a joke, ''We attend at FNC (their political party).” They laughed and I began stating the respect we give for the leaders of the countries and the villages as well. I stated how the church in fact has helped the lives of these people by building a giant water tank in Seamay for all the houses to finally have water. I brought up that the church has now sponsored the building of a school in Seamay for the education of the poor people. The runner up for mayor and state governor said, ''Well why are they asking for money from us if they are sponsoring the project.'' I didn't have the answer to say so I quickly changed the subject and bore my testimony and said, ''The church is lead by a living prophet who is under the direct divine direction of God, it is promised he could never deceive His children. In fact the servants and leaders in the church of Jesus Christ are not paid. Have you wondered how we do this, we are two young men who don't receive a cent of income just a time spending our own money, losing our precious time from our family and friends, my mother and my father. I am losing a time where I could have been receiving money, but no we choose rather this time to find at least a single soul that we can bring to the light. Even just one soul. The promise is if we bring just one soul our joy is full.'' Then I pointed behind the large group and said, ''Look, these two souls here are those I have seen enter into the divine truth of God.'' Pointing to my two converts who run the eating place. The group was left silent and gave their words of encouragement to continue in the divine work. The runner up for mayor shook my hand before leaving and said, “Thank you, you’re a fine person, and I like you. You know this language (Q'eqchi'), you are invite to come to my house to talk with me whenever.'' My companion and I simply wished him luck in his campaign and did our farewell. That was such a fun CONTACT!!!!
This week I took a week adventure to Yalijux with Elder Smith. I took sooooooooo many pictures!!! It is soooooooooooo cold in Yalijux!!! Really, I was freezing!!!! It is this highest place in our mission and it is the most isolated. That was one of the best trips I have made in my mission and I really want to go there again!!!
Family I love you all!!That Sunday, they entered and my heart just dropped with an excitement and an overwhelming peace. As we see smiles creep up on the faces of these 2 families. After Sacrament we assigned an interview for this investigator and his wife. I returned to the sacrament meeting for the other branch, as I was listening to the talks of the members I saw the investigator waving me down. I came rushing over to him and he pulled me aside and said. '' Elder Fadel, I just had my interview and well... I'm free.... I am free!'' Instantly my eyes fill up with tears taken by great happiness that I couldn't control I cried with happiness and gave him a big hug. '' I feel great!'' he told me. '' We have many goals we are working on now. This Friday we are having a get together at my house…come at 7.'' he said. I was so incredibly happy and just filled with the greatest peace and happiness that it is just indescribable.
A third family is making their return back to church, This family has stopped going to church for over 15 years, I have already mentioned many stories about them, but they are making a return this next week!!!!
I have a great story. So just 2 days ago my companion and I are having lunch at a small eating place of my two converts. As we were eating in comes two trucks filled with people and some running political parties here in Guatemala. A running governor and the runner up for mayor with their team. They enter into the eating place with us and begin eating. I had the great idea come up to me. ''I'm going to proselyte to these guys''. Upon eating we making small conversation with the large group they asked about where we were from and how we learned the language and much small talk was made, They bring up religion and of course I ask, “Where do you all attend?'' They responded with a joke, ''We attend at FNC (their political party).” They laughed and I began stating the respect we give for the leaders of the countries and the villages as well. I stated how the church in fact has helped the lives of these people by building a giant water tank in Seamay for all the houses to finally have water. I brought up that the church has now sponsored the building of a school in Seamay for the education of the poor people. The runner up for mayor and state governor said, ''Well why are they asking for money from us if they are sponsoring the project.'' I didn't have the answer to say so I quickly changed the subject and bore my testimony and said, ''The church is lead by a living prophet who is under the direct divine direction of God, it is promised he could never deceive His children. In fact the servants and leaders in the church of Jesus Christ are not paid. Have you wondered how we do this, we are two young men who don't receive a cent of income just a time spending our own money, losing our precious time from our family and friends, my mother and my father. I am losing a time where I could have been receiving money, but no we choose rather this time to find at least a single soul that we can bring to the light. Even just one soul. The promise is if we bring just one soul our joy is full.'' Then I pointed behind the large group and said, ''Look, these two souls here are those I have seen enter into the divine truth of God.'' Pointing to my two converts who run the eating place. The group was left silent and gave their words of encouragement to continue in the divine work. The runner up for mayor shook my hand before leaving and said, “Thank you, you’re a fine person, and I like you. You know this language (Q'eqchi'), you are invite to come to my house to talk with me whenever.'' My companion and I simply wished him luck in his campaign and did our farewell. That was such a fun CONTACT!!!!
This week I took a week adventure to Yalijux with Elder Smith. I took sooooooooo many pictures!!! It is soooooooooooo cold in Yalijux!!! Really, I was freezing!!!! It is this highest place in our mission and it is the most isolated. That was one of the best trips I have made in my mission and I really want to go there again!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment