Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Week 90

Another week went by fast. It was a very spiritual week. We had the zone leader meeting with President and we got back to our area on Wednesday night and worked Thursday to Friday.  Now I will be doing divisions in Yalihux tomorrow to Friday and it will be very effective and great to help that area. Yalihux is the furthest and most desolate area that is in our mission, there is no electricity and it is sooooooo cold snow almost falls I swear!!!! Haha no, but it is cold. There we have Elder Howard from Bountiful and his companion Elder Smith. I will be up with Elder Smith in Yalihux.

The conference with Elder Amado, our new second counselor of the Area Presidency was just flawless. I have to say it was my favorite zone conference I have ever had. He spoke so direct and just laying down 
the LAW!!!! He spoke on the very things I needed to know. I know he prayed and seeked the inspiration to touch each theme we all needed. HE DID. He spoke about Christ's life and his way. He spoke about bettering our teachings, and companionships. He was really funny too; he also spoke so bluntly that we all sat back in our chairs scared if he would call on us to answer one of his questions. It was funny he would ask a question and the missionary would answer and then he would go off saying. '' No, not the answer I want, and incorrect''. To a lot of the questions he would respond like that, it was really funny. We did learn so much.

Yesterday were the re-elections for president here in Guatemala, so no one showed up to church yesterday, except 18 souls. Haha, the branch president didn't show up, neither did his counselors, so questioning myself… ''Is it bad if a missionary presides over the meeting?’' So, I did it anyway, we prepared the sacrament and hymns and the introduction and everything, I remember we did this last change with Elder Hexem, Haha, It was really sad that the branch president did not show up, I thought I couldn't preside, but a little while after I felt good about doing it.  We had 8 people share their testimonies it was great to see these 18 souls who traveled long distances to go to church who really have testimonies of this church. My companion and I were so touched to see that these people set apart the worldly voting that was taking place outside, with groups of friends and families everywhere around these parts gathering to vote and to chat, but these 18 souls knew the beauty and importance of renewing their covenants that they have made with our Heavenly Father. That was one of the most spiritual sacrament meetings I have had. Like the time with Brother Pierce on top of Mayan ruins about 4 years ago. Small and peaceful sacrament meeting. For the investigators I have to say we have found sooooo many families who are learning the gospel and are investigating, they all are on the point of going to church, but their faith lacks just THAT much. I think that they think that if they go to church it is an all at once thing. We did explain to them that it is not like that. That is just how their culture is. I learned that a year ago. Am is thinking about marrying his girlfriend and following Christ. Ant's leg is even worse, I took photos, but I think you all would throw up if you saw it. His skin is peeling off, and you can see his tendons and muscle tissue. It is soooooo sad; it hasn't had any hospital treatment, because he can't afford it. We have given him a blessing and are helping him exercise his faith by reading the Book of Mormon with him. Juan Carlos the 9 year old is getting baptized this Saturday. Em and Ros, were sooooooooo close to coming to church. Rob needs to go to church and pray about our message!! J and Lil are learning about prayer and want to learn!! They have the desire. We pray that they can learn and retain all we have to teach them.

I love you family until next week!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment