Family I am sooooooooo happy, I had some great experiences lately! Despite all the unsuccessful appointments and having to drop many families from our agendas. I had some great things happen this week. Let me begin with my birthday.
I celebrated by focusing even more on the work, especially to baptize. I fasted throughout my birthday, thinking that it would have more meaning to me to focus on others. We have been working with 7 families. The appointments fall, and the progress is sooooo much slower. So we haven't received any firm dates for baptism. Yesterday was a really tough day having many people reject. I have gained a lot more patience so simply when they reject, I bare my testimony and leave them with an invitation. Sometimes it is hard when they don't let you speak and they just go off saying what they know and bashing on our church. Yesterday all the appointments fell. With our heads down we walked to one of the houses that we had taught the other week. Then, we begin teaching S and M, we taught them last week about the restoration, they seemed very interested. So we went back. When we began teaching and talking, S paused us and said, "You know, I just feel so glad having you two with me and my family, thank you guys." He was so humble and he is soooooo in tune with the lessons. When we were teaching about Adam and Eve and the Atonement, he loved it. He was just giddy and excited. When my companion and I left from that lesson, we paused and I just patted my companions back and said, ''This is the family!'' We were REALLY REALLY excited, from having our heads down, to bringing to them to a higher level. My day felt full, I thank the lord for teaching me that fine lesson. That happens a lot in the mission. I have not only experienced that once, but many times, as I have shown you through emails.
Well on my birthday, I woke up and got a call from Sister Watts and President Watts. She said, ' Elder Fadel, you are just the person I want to speak with!" Then she counts 1 2 3, President Watts and her both begin singing a birthday song together and they wished me a happy birthday and a great day. They also sent me mom's hug via telephone haha thank you mom!!!! They are just the greatest!! They are so nice to do that!! That week President calls me and says, "Hey we are on our way to Senahu and we have a birthday package for you from your family. We will be bringing it up for you!" That was soooooooo nice of them!!!! I even received letters and birthday cards from my wonderful cousins, Grandmas and the family!!! Thank you all, Ashlynn, Sydnee, Katelyn and Cole!!?!?! COLE CAN COLOR??? CRAZY!!!! They wrote very kind words!! Tell them I love them!! I thank the grandmas as well!!!
Thank you Mom and Lindsey for writing my companion he lit up reading them!! He is great!! It is crazy to think that all my articles of clothing are falling
apart!!! My belt snapped, my socks have holes, all my pants are being ripped, split, unthreaded and undone. I am on my 4th pair of shoes that I just barely sowed (I can’t spell, sued???) and now my sandals are split, while I was picking up my clothes today, my sandal fell apart while walking, so I walked barefoot for the rest of the walk haha. Don’t worry I will just buy what I need here haha. I want to share with you all, a wonderful lesson we taught with one of the greatest old Q'eqchi' men I know, his name is T. I am almost positive he'll get baptized!! We taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is a catholic so you all know, we than invite him to be baptized and he thinks and says, "Well can I go to both churches." He responded by explaining that God wants him to go to the true church and that this is the true church. He thought. He then laughed and said, ''I am sinning if I go to that church and not mine, or if I go to both??" It was a funny lesson. The spirit was soooooooooooo strong during the entire lesson. He didn't accept yet. However when we were closing the lesson he asked, "Can you interpret my dream?" When he explained this dream it was almost like the dream one of one of the new converts I taught in El Roble. L had one with the big white beautiful building that was built and the doors open with people dressed in white and in her dream she was dressed normal but wanted to enter into the big building. However the people in the building wouldn’t let her. That all happened when Elder Taco and I were teaching her about 10 months ago. Then the change after she got baptized by my current companion Elder Escalante, she dreamed that dream again. However after her baptism she was permitted into the big white beautiful building. Crazy I know!!!! With T he was telling us he was in a street and there was a guy guiding him to a gate and there were people on the other side. However he didn't enter he rather kept walking. He then said, "So what do you both think that this dream means?" I simply told him the dream about L and said I am pretty sure that is what he is needing to do. He then remained silent and thought. It was a special lesson!!! I hope that all made sense!!!!!!!
I love you all!!! Tell me if the photos are great that I sent!!! I hope you all enjoy them very very much!!! That is a huge part of my mission. Happy Turkey Day!!!! NEE NER NEE NER (last week!!) Greg looks great. He is a great kid, he truly is!! Family I love you and will write you next week. This week we are going to see many people accept the gospel in their lives!!!!
I celebrated by focusing even more on the work, especially to baptize. I fasted throughout my birthday, thinking that it would have more meaning to me to focus on others. We have been working with 7 families. The appointments fall, and the progress is sooooo much slower. So we haven't received any firm dates for baptism. Yesterday was a really tough day having many people reject. I have gained a lot more patience so simply when they reject, I bare my testimony and leave them with an invitation. Sometimes it is hard when they don't let you speak and they just go off saying what they know and bashing on our church. Yesterday all the appointments fell. With our heads down we walked to one of the houses that we had taught the other week. Then, we begin teaching S and M, we taught them last week about the restoration, they seemed very interested. So we went back. When we began teaching and talking, S paused us and said, "You know, I just feel so glad having you two with me and my family, thank you guys." He was so humble and he is soooooo in tune with the lessons. When we were teaching about Adam and Eve and the Atonement, he loved it. He was just giddy and excited. When my companion and I left from that lesson, we paused and I just patted my companions back and said, ''This is the family!'' We were REALLY REALLY excited, from having our heads down, to bringing to them to a higher level. My day felt full, I thank the lord for teaching me that fine lesson. That happens a lot in the mission. I have not only experienced that once, but many times, as I have shown you through emails.
Well on my birthday, I woke up and got a call from Sister Watts and President Watts. She said, ' Elder Fadel, you are just the person I want to speak with!" Then she counts 1 2 3, President Watts and her both begin singing a birthday song together and they wished me a happy birthday and a great day. They also sent me mom's hug via telephone haha thank you mom!!!! They are just the greatest!! They are so nice to do that!! That week President calls me and says, "Hey we are on our way to Senahu and we have a birthday package for you from your family. We will be bringing it up for you!" That was soooooooo nice of them!!!! I even received letters and birthday cards from my wonderful cousins, Grandmas and the family!!! Thank you all, Ashlynn, Sydnee, Katelyn and Cole!!?!?! COLE CAN COLOR??? CRAZY!!!! They wrote very kind words!! Tell them I love them!! I thank the grandmas as well!!!
Thank you Mom and Lindsey for writing my companion he lit up reading them!! He is great!! It is crazy to think that all my articles of clothing are falling
apart!!! My belt snapped, my socks have holes, all my pants are being ripped, split, unthreaded and undone. I am on my 4th pair of shoes that I just barely sowed (I can’t spell, sued???) and now my sandals are split, while I was picking up my clothes today, my sandal fell apart while walking, so I walked barefoot for the rest of the walk haha. Don’t worry I will just buy what I need here haha. I want to share with you all, a wonderful lesson we taught with one of the greatest old Q'eqchi' men I know, his name is T. I am almost positive he'll get baptized!! We taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is a catholic so you all know, we than invite him to be baptized and he thinks and says, "Well can I go to both churches." He responded by explaining that God wants him to go to the true church and that this is the true church. He thought. He then laughed and said, ''I am sinning if I go to that church and not mine, or if I go to both??" It was a funny lesson. The spirit was soooooooooooo strong during the entire lesson. He didn't accept yet. However when we were closing the lesson he asked, "Can you interpret my dream?" When he explained this dream it was almost like the dream one of one of the new converts I taught in El Roble. L had one with the big white beautiful building that was built and the doors open with people dressed in white and in her dream she was dressed normal but wanted to enter into the big building. However the people in the building wouldn’t let her. That all happened when Elder Taco and I were teaching her about 10 months ago. Then the change after she got baptized by my current companion Elder Escalante, she dreamed that dream again. However after her baptism she was permitted into the big white beautiful building. Crazy I know!!!! With T he was telling us he was in a street and there was a guy guiding him to a gate and there were people on the other side. However he didn't enter he rather kept walking. He then said, "So what do you both think that this dream means?" I simply told him the dream about L and said I am pretty sure that is what he is needing to do. He then remained silent and thought. It was a special lesson!!! I hope that all made sense!!!!!!!
I love you all!!! Tell me if the photos are great that I sent!!! I hope you all enjoy them very very much!!! That is a huge part of my mission. Happy Turkey Day!!!! NEE NER NEE NER (last week!!) Greg looks great. He is a great kid, he truly is!! Family I love you and will write you next week. This week we are going to see many people accept the gospel in their lives!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment