Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Week 92 - Happy Birthday Jared!

"Sooooo...."  - famous quote by my fabulous mother.......I will keep my Latino comp who I just love!!!!  I will be able to work with my investigators still!!!!!!! I am sooooooooo happy!!!!!

Let me begin by just expressing how happy I am!!!! I am getting old. 21 is an old age. However I feel great, because as long as I am only 21 compared to how the Qeqchi people see me, having around 35 to 40 years
of age. Haha do I look that old???? You all will be surprised about a gift I gave you all!!! Well Elder Howard just left today for home so I gave him my 16 GBs worth of photos and videos for you all to enjoy. Go get my SD memory cards at his homecoming, it will be this Sunday that is coming. I hope you all enjoy it, I consider it my birthday gift to you all! So please go to Elder Howard's homecoming!!! He is a great friend of mine and great missionary as well. I sent some special Christmas videos for the family... they are cheesy but that is ok, laugh at them, I know Ryan will.

We had a special district conference broadcast with President Uchtdorf, Elder Holland and Elder Don R. Clark, they broadcasted to all of Guatemala. They referred a lot to the temple, because there will be the temple dedication on the 11th of December. To help prepare everyone for the dedication... the strange thing that occurred during the conference was that, during the special musical number, the conductor was Sister Torres!!! We just saw her walk up and she conducted the music that was incredible to see!!!!
Even having Elder Holland speak a little bit of Spanish just took me by surprise, he said he could speak very little, so he changed to speaking in English, but when he was making his conclusion to his talk, he switched back to Spanish, and let me tell you all. I saw the gift of tongues take over him; I am a witness in seeing how he spoke so clearly and so powerfully when baring his testimony in Spanish to this nation. It really took me by a huge surprise. I was just amazed because I am sure he said words he never studied. The spirit truly filled the room.

I know I have a purpose still here in Telemàn. I know without a doubt that I will be a powerful instrument to the Lord during the remaining time here. My companion and I have great goals and desire this
change. I know you all are praying for me and I appreciate it. I will need them for the last sprints of my mission. I thank the Lord for blessing me to stay focused and not have any thoughts. I am being honest I have no thoughts about home. Just your faces, but about things I want to do and desire, nope not one! That is a gift, I want to satisfy the desires of him who has sent me, as how Christ has so famously said, If I could ever be a servant like Christ..... What an inspiration. I can only do my best in spirit having to deal with flesh.

Family what are you all planning on doing for Thanksgiving?? And Ryan's birfday?? Thank you all for the birthday wishes and the photos!!!!! I love them... as far as for me I will be working and I will also order an ice cream cake to eat and celebrate my companions birthday on the 25th. Thanksgiving I am thinking I will eat a chicken...... turkey here is expensive!!!!!!!! What will you all do??

Some of you had some questions of what I am eating.... well I fortunately have a small eating joint at a gas station in Teleman, a blessing indeed!!! Cornflakes at home - beans and eggs. I have been getting a lot skinnier. You all will see haha. The vegetables are just beets, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, and my favorite CABBAGE!!!!!!! I love it, I love it, I love it!!! Beans and eggs I could have every day with 10 corn tortillas!!! I LOVE TORTILLAS!!! I JUST POUND those things!!!! I should send you all a picture of me eating them haha. I just recently made french toast at a members house, that was soooooooooo much fun. We made 25 in total. It was super good!!

New teaching things I do. I am really desperate to come up with new object lessons. I need more help could someone give me ideas. MOM your help with tending the primary kids who are just CRAZY has helped a lot!!!!! SOOOO MUCH!!!!!! I even bought the kids a new matching game of memory. I like challenging the people a lot when I teach. I have to say that it is helping even more. Most of the elders have fear really challenging people to do stuff. I feel that our zone is suffering in that. So my companion and I have come up with new ways to do it. I personally like using Mosiah 4:10 if you believe it, see that you do it!! Just straight up saying, 'Brother Jack Johnson, having have felt these truths by the words of King Benjamin, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone who holds he proper priesthood authority?” This is the mission, this has been my whole mission inviting and teaching. It has always been key to use these direct questions that only can be responded with YES or NO, or in Qeqchi HEHE or INK'A' haha. I have seen blessings throughout my mission and have seen faith grown through those who say HEHE. The new ways my companion and I are doing these invitations are literally from the Book of Mormon. DON'T get me started on how the new Book of Mormon is changing these people, I could go on forever!!!!! I will just say a few brief things, I have had investigators say, '' I feel touched when reading or I personally love this one'' or, “You both have touched my heart.'' These were quotes given after the use of the Book of Mormon. This new translation is sooooooooooo clear and beautiful it really is like receiving it fresh from the press when Joseph Smith finished. I read it, and can't get enough. I know its power and its truth. I know you all know it. THIS IS MY CONVERSION. I won’t forget the time when I was discovering it for my first time really pondering its words, I have questions I asked you family, what is faith?  What does this mean and you all gave me themes to study and I did. One I will never forget is when Jimmy gave me Alma 32, about faith. I really didn't have a clue what faith meant, but after that I knew!!!! Thank you.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment