What a week. I was so jam packed busy. First off, we are responsible for acting a Christmas part for the Navidad celebration here in Coban. We have to travel early in the morning to make it to the preparations for practicing and acting out, ''When Christ Visited the Americas.'' The whole zone of Coban is participating in this and we will be acting this scene in Central Park in Coban. We have to travel an hour by bus to get to Coban and that wastes a lot of time out of working in our area, which has truly effected the work. However, I have to be the Lord’s voice in a scene when he tells Samuel the Lamanite to return to Zerahemla. Then I got a call from the presidents assistants on Thursday, they asked me to translate The Family: The Proclamation to the World'' into Q'eqchi. They said I had to complete it in 3 days. Thankfully, I got it done. Then, to put more cargo on us, our tank of water to the church (where we live) ran out, and it has not rained. So, we couldn’t shower, shave, clean dishes, no water to drink, because we use a filter bucket, for an entire week. It was sooooooo gross and nasty, but thank goodness the zone leaders let us shower in their shower today. All the food I have needs dishes or water. So, I am just managing new ways of eating...haha. This is not a murmuring email, I just a very challenging week. I learned a great lesson of relying on the Lord. I had the great privilege to translate “The Family: Proclamation to the World.” I was very grateful for this calling, I was praying very frequently to be guided in a way to touch the lives of the Q'eqchi' people, The language of Q'eqchi' is very simple, but has many words to describe objects even verbs. For this many of the words in English or Spanish that are found in the Family Proclamation don’t exist in Qeqchi. So, this is the beauty of the language, YOU CREATE WORDS!! For example, ''proclamation'' yea…no..... so the translation is, 'The distributed message on the face of the earth'' that is the translation for the title haha. It’s fun. I truly had a great time creating a way that the Qeqchi people would understand with deep meaning, but then again it wasn’t me who translated it, only the divine gift of tongues and the spirit that guides.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!

No comments:
Post a Comment