Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Week 43

I must admit I am so happy that the lord has held these secrets from me, until just discovering them this week. I have truly found the reason for my companion, specifically Elder Gonzalez. Also, to the wonderful Zone Leader who is one of my great friends from Las Vegas, Elder Burden.

After battling 10 weeks in this area and with the trials it has brought, a mighty change has come. On the 3rd we did a division with Elder Burden one of our Zone leaders, He and I stayed in my area, Chicojl and Elder Gonzalez (my companion) went to the Z.L's area. I was really excited for this division because Elder Burden and I are really great pals. Also, he knows Q'eqchi'. We began the division and I decided to just contact all day. We first passed with a family who was incredible.  We both taught 50% by 50%... meaning I spoke half the time, and he spoke half the time. This is to bring the double witness and to really invite the spirit. That lesson with this family was incredible. We know they can progress and we know they will accept a baptism. We will be passing by the family on Tuesday. (Keep them in your prayers.) After that, we went to a wonderful young man, about 24 years old, named Marcelino.  We began teaching about the 5 principles in the gospel we testified and testified and testified. The spirit was the most powerful I have ever felt while I have been in this area. That feeling carried out this whole day in every lesson!! We invited Marcelino to pray and when God answers his prayer we asked him if he would be baptized. He accepted. We hope he truly feels the need and that the spirit may burn in him.

That family and Marcelino need prayers, we fasted for them. The next day I was expecting to have the same kind of day I did with Elder Burden. We started our fast - fasting to find people and the chosen. Saturday..we began the day, but every door was of no success. I was frustrated and just sad.  Then, this one specific door we went to, I get in an argument with a lady who is of another religion and really didn’t want anything to do with us. I just said, “Open your heart, give heed to these words.” However, I said it in an impatient way.....after that I was bummed and I realized this day couldn’t be like the day I had with Elder Burden.  After that contact I went to the side of the road and I prayed about my impatience and for the soul to forget of my mistake and for her tosomeday truly accept the truth.

My companion pulled me aside asking me, ''Elder I understand of the frustration, but let me explain to you. The capital is much worse (his last areas for the last 8 months.) I have been spit on, mud has been thrown at my face, we have been chased down with machetes, a gun has been pulled to our faces and a few bullets have attempted to enter my body. Enough to make my old companion want to go home, but the greatest tool we can use and all we can do is bare our testimony. That will be the tool to make a person think twice.... studder in thought.... and make a person think..” I first couldn’t take his wonderful news, because my pride had been shot, but slowly I realized the greatness of his words. He then mentioned '' Elder just bare your testimony to them.'' I looked at him with great love. The thought came to me, that is exactly what I lacked. I really need to express my knowledge and the burning testimony to the people rather than throw out stuff they have heard and then say they are wrong.... NO my companion has taught me a great lesson. After that moment we went to a young family, Carlos Pop and his family.  We began this lesson with small conversation and he mentioned his parents have passed away. We felt the need to teach him the Plan of Salvation. So, I commenced the lesson and it went incredibly. I took the idea of teaching 50 by 50 from that day that had really inspired me with Elder Burden, to help my companion speak in the lessons.  My companion taught in Spanish and I translated. We both bore powerful testimony of the truth of the principles we each taught. The spirit really pierced Carlos' heart. It convinced him that only in our church and through the true church may he see his parents that have passed away another time. We invited him to baptism and he pondered and pondered. He told us he needs to know what God says first and then he will decide. After that, on Sunday we had an incredible day!! We had a planned lesson with a family of 4 and we taught them the Book of Mormon….that this is the book of their ancestors! They loved the lesson and we invited them to pray with sincerity and they said, '’We will.''  We invited them to read 3 Nephi 11 right after the lesson with them, they said, ''We will.'' Then the spirit told us to invite them to baptism.  We than extended the invitation to the family and they all accepted, but will truly accept when God answers their prayers. This family is Carlos Alfonzo, Maria, Romualdo, Reina, and Carlos Jr. (please keep them in your prayers.)

I was in awe at the success that we have had this week...TRULY AMAZED.. I have never been so close to the Lord thanking him for all I have experienced and will. My heart is truly full of the spirit. The week has been a rough week, but THIS HAS BEEN MY MOST BENEFICIAL. I think I have grown more this week then I have in my mission so far. I know who I am and who I need to be. I know whose steps I follow and what example I am living by. I learned patience, humility, reliance on the Lord more than I have before, Thanks to Ryan Fadel my prayers are more spiritual than ever. I have the Holy Ghost guide me always, in every step in any way. Thanks to Howard W. Hunter I learned, ''Jesus the perfect leader.'' Thanks to Jeffery R. Holland, I learned what Christ wants of me. Whom had walked the loneliest path known to man, whom demonstrated the greatest sight of humility when Peter cut off the man’s ear that was going to take Christ to his end. Christ demanded Peter to put the sword away. Then Christ healed the soldier, knowing in humility and patience. As when Pantius Pilate was speaking to Christ and Christ responded saying that he is not one to bring him to death. I am touched by my Savior’s motives and ways and the way he directs me.

I love you all my family and I will sent some Christmas cards to you all. I am sooooooo happy and I am following D &C 121: 31- the end. Incredible. I love you and I hope I can be a chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment