Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week 77

There are some people here from Utah and doing some charity work with the Q'eqchi' people. It is so amazing and it just brings me the greatest happiness. They came to church yesterday and well they bore their testimonies up in church and invited me to translate. So of course I did, with a smile haha. They fed us and bought us ice cream, dinner and a lot of United States food. They gave us peanut butter and gave me some crackers and now today they are going to buy us dinner. We woke up early this morning to do service with them. I must admit it was very weird speaking to white people. We had fun though. The leaders for the organization said that they will take you (mom and dad) out to dinner when they get back. WOW they really were so nice!!!

So we had that party at the member's house who just got reactivated. This was such an impacting moment in my mission because; I had the privilege of sharing the truths about the temple to this couple and tell them they can receive these blessings. After I shared that small lesson with the family and the members that came to the party there in that house, one of my other investigators and his wife stood up and shared their words and testimonies. What was the most impacting part is when the husband said these things '' When Elder Fadel and Elder Olson visited with me they talked about a scripture. Which has impacted and changed my life.'' He then shared Alma 31: 21-22,38.  He was saying these words in tears '' I just don't have words to describe this.''. He was talking about his feelings and the impact of the spirit. He was holding his 3 year old daughter in his arms and buried his head in her shoulder with a time of crying and picking up his words. He then expressed his joy and thanks. His wife stood up and said '' We are grateful for all you for coming and visiting us, but mainly to you Elder Fadel, you have changed my husband’s life definitely and forever he has changed.'' I just stood and knew that I only merely was an instrument and the thanks was not really to just me, but to He who guided us. I bowed my head and wept with joy in this get together. The wife then continued saying she has cried for him through his sufferings and his sins and she was with him the whole way. Even questioning ''Why do i deal with this??'' She expressed her greatest thanks to the gospel and mentioned her goal to get married in the temple with her husband and have and eternal family forever. I wept and I had a heart full of thanks and of love. Just this Sunday those two have just received callings in church.  The husband is the 2nd counselor to the young mens program and his wife is the 2nd counselor to the primary program!!! WOW. They are both super excited! The moment they received their callings they called me over from a little distance and said, ''We have callings!'' They expressed this all filled with a smile painted on their faces!!

So this family has a pet baby tiger!!! haha, I will have to take pictures of it. I GOT BIT BY A TIGER, (more like nibbled on my fingertip looking for milk, plus yes it was a baby tiger hahahah.) ;) This tiger is sooo ooooooooo cute!!!! My investigator just randomly bought it someplace. I don't know why? haha.

This week we have found a new village which is about an hour hike on a steep slope and that is if we are walking at missionary pace, which is pretty fast!! The place is called Se' Ululu' which is located up a mountain through a straight beautiful valley after a while to another mountain. Wow it is stunning. When we got there we were looking for a friend of JosĂ© Choc the 2nd counselor of the Branch. We found his house and later found him and he was super excited to see us.  He said he would go to church this Sunday!! Which, was the best news haha!!!

Well I can’t describe my love for my family!!! You all really just bring me the greatest joy, ahhhhhhhh I love you all!!! Have a great week, all of you. Share with me some scriptures I can use or ones that have impacted you recently!!
This week we plan on going to obscure villages just waiting for missionaries and to hear the wonderful truths we bring them. I know we will see wonderful things happen here in SenahĂș. We will have our zone conference soon, I think next week. Well I will say I love you all! Ut Cheerilaq eerib'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment