My dandelion family of mine!!! I love you all!!!! This has been a great week! I had some great events happen this week. First let me speak about my companion and I. We are actually really great friends. He said he wants to become a better person and we are always helping each other. I have my weaknesses and he has his but we are always helping each other. He just reminds me a lot and he is identical to Garrett McDowell hahaha. One of my favorite things about him is that he loves to learn.
As for this week i will mention some events that have happened. I will talk about Amalia. I have been working with her for 3 changes with Elder Fernandez, Elder Chanchavac and Elder Olson. She is an inactive of about 6 YEARS. The great thing is that Elder Fernandez and his earlier companions were working with her, doing FHE with she and her family and sharing wonderful messages. After pushing her for a long time, I should say almost a year, she finally made her return to church this Sunday!!!!! My companion and I were just listening in sacrament meeting and then all of the sudden she catches our eyes and we just lit up like christmas haha! We were sooo happy! She then sat by us and we were just so excited and happy.
As for my recent convert Mario, he is just blowing my mind haha. I got the great privilege to see him bless the sacrament for the first time in his life!!! He did it perfectly. You can tell he carefully practiced at home beforehand. To make it even better, I did divisions with him. He keeps explaining to me how he really wants to serve a mission. So I took him to Se' Ululu' with me yesterday. It was an hour hike to this village, it was amazing!!!! Let me tell you all a little bit about him. When we taught I thought he would just like to share his testimony and I thought he would be a little shy….BUT WAS I WRONG. He participated and taught truths about living prophets and the restoration and the Book of Mormon. He is an incredible teacher. He really is a leader and a humble, humble..... I will repeat the most humble person. When he bore his testimony in each lesson It impacted me so much to know that, he only having a few weeks as a member (16 of July he was baptized) and having him share with such certainty and power these beautiful truths just blows me right out of the water!! I couldn't hold back my gratitude for his example to me. I told him, I will never forget and will always cherish this moment. He told me he is in Alma right now in the Book of Mormon. He had already completed the Book of Mormon before I even found him. He said that forever ago missionaries taught him when he was young and they gave him a Book of Mormon. Then they stopped going with him, but he just kept on reading the Book of Mormon and he even finished it. Then years later my companion and I find Mario and start teaching him. That is just incredible to know. The planting of seeds and the watering thereof. It is just amazing family!!!
I am just reading the documents you sent me dad from you mission and I just love them!! They really are great referrals and just boost my spirit. I am reading the Book of Mormon in Q'eqchi' right now. I am going to finish it in Q'eqchi' soon. I have been eating pretty healthy, exercising everyday and finally we are allowed to play basketball and soccer. I am just loving the “perfect pushups.” I owe you parents!!!! Mom, I want the details of that crazy conversion story!!! I haven’t yet received it all!! Some crazy anti Mormon guy and his wife who will stop going to church if YOU couldn't prove that this church is true. WOW MOM THAT is so unbelievable!! Dad, please could you share a story from your mission. Don't worry, any story will do!!! I LOVE THEM I LOVE STORIES!!! That LEBANON trip just sounds soooooo incredible!!!!! I can't even tell you!!! I would love to go there!!!! Well we are having conference with the zone and president this Friday and also interviews this Thursday. This is just amazing. MY JOY IS FULL!!!! I THANK YOU ALL FOR WRITING ME!!! I send my prayers with you all.
As for this week i will mention some events that have happened. I will talk about Amalia. I have been working with her for 3 changes with Elder Fernandez, Elder Chanchavac and Elder Olson. She is an inactive of about 6 YEARS. The great thing is that Elder Fernandez and his earlier companions were working with her, doing FHE with she and her family and sharing wonderful messages. After pushing her for a long time, I should say almost a year, she finally made her return to church this Sunday!!!!! My companion and I were just listening in sacrament meeting and then all of the sudden she catches our eyes and we just lit up like christmas haha! We were sooo happy! She then sat by us and we were just so excited and happy.
As for my recent convert Mario, he is just blowing my mind haha. I got the great privilege to see him bless the sacrament for the first time in his life!!! He did it perfectly. You can tell he carefully practiced at home beforehand. To make it even better, I did divisions with him. He keeps explaining to me how he really wants to serve a mission. So I took him to Se' Ululu' with me yesterday. It was an hour hike to this village, it was amazing!!!! Let me tell you all a little bit about him. When we taught I thought he would just like to share his testimony and I thought he would be a little shy….BUT WAS I WRONG. He participated and taught truths about living prophets and the restoration and the Book of Mormon. He is an incredible teacher. He really is a leader and a humble, humble..... I will repeat the most humble person. When he bore his testimony in each lesson It impacted me so much to know that, he only having a few weeks as a member (16 of July he was baptized) and having him share with such certainty and power these beautiful truths just blows me right out of the water!! I couldn't hold back my gratitude for his example to me. I told him, I will never forget and will always cherish this moment. He told me he is in Alma right now in the Book of Mormon. He had already completed the Book of Mormon before I even found him. He said that forever ago missionaries taught him when he was young and they gave him a Book of Mormon. Then they stopped going with him, but he just kept on reading the Book of Mormon and he even finished it. Then years later my companion and I find Mario and start teaching him. That is just incredible to know. The planting of seeds and the watering thereof. It is just amazing family!!!
I am just reading the documents you sent me dad from you mission and I just love them!! They really are great referrals and just boost my spirit. I am reading the Book of Mormon in Q'eqchi' right now. I am going to finish it in Q'eqchi' soon. I have been eating pretty healthy, exercising everyday and finally we are allowed to play basketball and soccer. I am just loving the “perfect pushups.” I owe you parents!!!! Mom, I want the details of that crazy conversion story!!! I haven’t yet received it all!! Some crazy anti Mormon guy and his wife who will stop going to church if YOU couldn't prove that this church is true. WOW MOM THAT is so unbelievable!! Dad, please could you share a story from your mission. Don't worry, any story will do!!! I LOVE THEM I LOVE STORIES!!! That LEBANON trip just sounds soooooo incredible!!!!! I can't even tell you!!! I would love to go there!!!! Well we are having conference with the zone and president this Friday and also interviews this Thursday. This is just amazing. MY JOY IS FULL!!!! I THANK YOU ALL FOR WRITING ME!!! I send my prayers with you all.

No comments:
Post a Comment