I told you all about the wonderful new change with Elder Cheney, well that is now coming to an end. On Saturday night I received a call from the zone leaders that I have an emergency transfer and Tuesday I am to leave to the new area. Without telling me where I was going they just said, ''Pack your stuff and Tuesday we'll tell you where you'll go.'' The great thing they told me is that I will be staying in the Polochik and they are opening a new area....When I received that call, I was really sad. I have to say I was excited with La Tinta and with my companion and to only have to pack one last time. However, the Lord has a brighter picture and knows what I will do in the next area I go to. He knows what potential I have with my new companion and he knows the blessings that will be brought upon the people I will work with. I was calmed in knowing that I have a special assignment to attend and I know that I will give my all!! In the Polochik there were 4 Elders who got emergency changes. So there are 3 areas open in which I may go to, Canlun which is in the valley or Yalijux which is the furthest area in mountains and it is really cold there. Or I could open up the new area in Sajomte in Ch'ulak which is probably the prettiest place I have been to in the Polochik. I would be happy where ever! I am just excited to tell you all where I will go and with who!
I really had the best 2 weeks with Elder Cheney! HE IS THE MAN!! Truly is the 4th missionary, he had picked up a lot in only two weeks learning the language! He has that gift to learn and help these precious people! Regarding my feelings on these last two weeks. I truly feel like I did the best I could and I feel like I fulfilled my purpose there. Elder Cheney and I received 11 references from the members and we have seen fruits from them. We had one who lived 2 hours by car up a mountain to a place called San Antonio 1 and we found a family and our reference Carlos coc ichich. He loved our message and his wife and children did too. In fact this Sunday he came to church on a rainy day, by himself probably on the back of a pickup just hitch hiking. He had exercised his faith!! Carlos is a special soul and his family is too. We received another reference that lives in Santo Domingo about an hour up in the other mountains that face Senahu. There used to be missionaries in Santo Domingo but there are not enough missionaries in the mission right now to open that area. So we decided to work there because we received that reference. We found the reference who is a wife of a member however not married. We talked about baptism and marriage, and they said, ''Well we don't have money and maybe we can do it in 6 months.'' We felt the spirit to persuade them to repent now, so we followed it and explained the importance of marriage, and taking away the sin ASAP, we talked about doing the wedding and baptism the same day. The husband thought for a minute in silence, and then said, ''Alright, we'll do it!!'' We asked his wife if she wanted it and she happily agreed! That was exciting!! We saw great success there this last week. I felt like I fulfilled my purpose in waking up at 5:30 and dedicating my time to help my great friend Elder Cheney learn Q'eqchi'. We are both really sad to leave each other. I just know however that I have work to do in another area!!
I just barely got my suit that I will use when I go home. I got a straight black suit. Right now I have my blue with pin stripes that I have had for a really long time and my grey suit which I got here and now I have my black suit. It is pretty nice.
So speaking about the visionary Q'eqchi' people, once again we have an investigator who dreamt a crazy dream and had us interpret the dream. She was sitting at home and three people come and visit her and her husband, one of the three visitors gives her two books (hymn book and Holy Bible). As she looks at her husband he had a bag of chili in his hands. One of the three visitors said ''This is the last time!'' She said when she woke up she was really happy and didn't have any worry; she couldn't really describe her feelings. When we came to visit this family we were with a member, (3 people) and so that was interesting, the member interpreted the dream. She enjoyed the interpretation. We shared a small message. However, her husband didn't want to accept our message but she did….which in the interpretation meant that the husband had chili which is hot and satisfying for a little moment as to the 2 books in her hands she was left happy and full.
I have seen this branch get lifted up just a little bit higher with the work Elder Cheney and I did, in these short 2 weeks. I am excited to hear what miracles he does in the rest of his time here in the mission.
Just so you know that dog still lives next to our house. I am worried about the new elder…he'll think we are breaking the rule by having a pet. I get nervous of that, because it's not ours!!
Family I got some stuff and some souvenirs, (who knows how this word is spelled) for you all. I still am trying to get some for Ryan and for the ladies. I have got some great stuff!! Handmade stuff from the poorest parts of Guatemala!! You’ll love it!!!! I am loving my mission and I am looking forward to still being a missionary even after my time. I can't tell you how I feel about my mission. I am in debt to the Lord I truly am.
These last 4 weeks I am just going to pound in the work!!!!!!
It is so great to hear from you all I know that you all are just doing fantastic. Thank you all for the letters you have sent me. I am truly grateful for them. I wish I could just describe the joy it gives me to hear how you all are doing. I know I am not a great person to write
to, because I don't respond. I truly need to be better. Sorry.
I have made even more goals - for the rest of my mission and for after, both temporal and spiritual.
I love you all and I am grateful for the love you all send me. Thank you for encouraging me and enlightening me with your counsels. Thank you for sharing great thoughtful words that are acknowledged coming from your hearts. I truly feel your love as if you were with me. I hold to heart these words from all of you. I send my prayers and blessings to all of you.
Group Picture at the CCM
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment