Today I want to share of the great miracle that happened the very last day of the year. We had our baptism with Cristian Domingo Caal Tello, he has 12 years of age. It was wonderful because we have seen his great growth and desire to follow Christ. He is so tender he even bought with the coin money he had 2 Bibles and is always ready to go to church. We have been reactivating this family. However that is not the only miracle. As I have explained before, these weeks have been hard. However in the baptism came 15 investigators. That was at least half the attendance being investigators. I would like to explain how this miracle came to be. On Wednesday my companion and I thought of an idea to set up a stand to hand out pamphlets and stories of Joseph Smith. We did this on Wednesday because it is market day and everyone from everywhere comes around here. So we set this stand up and we began preaching. I ended up contacting two men dressed up as tigers and monkeys, (I sent a photo of them) and even a cute little lady about 2 and half feet tall! Well anyways during that time we took down names and directions of only 2 people, of about 25 people we contacted. My companion and I thought that we weren't seeing any success from this so we closed the stand after the hour. That night we planned on contacting one of those names we wrote, Maria is her name. So we went in search for her. We found out that she lived in a place nearby called Kakavila. When we got there, no one knew who she was. So we did a little hike to find people who knew her. We found some people who said that she only lived 15 minutes up the mountain. So we continued hiking. We found another couple and asked. They said ''Wow, she lives far on top of the mountain, about 20 minutes more.'' So we continued hiking. We then kept going for about an hour. And we reached the top of the mountain and found a small Catholic church made of wood and a little house next to it. We than found out that is where she lives. We went in and found her and her family. However the men weren't home so we didn't enter inside. We just invited them simply to the baptismal service of Christian. We then left and went down the hill, I wanted to take some pictures standing on a tree stump and we found some men there, I asked them if I could take some pictures, and they accepted. We then invited them to come to the baptism too. That Saturday came around and well to our surprise 8 members of Maria’s family came to watch the baptism!!! They loved it and asked for us to come back and teach them!!!! They also mentioned that those guys standing by the tree stump are family members of Maria, and they came too!!! It was incredible!!! We also had Turibio and Tomasa. We also had a recent convert bring his nonmember family members to the service. It was a special moment seeing one investigators come in, then 3 more, then 6 than all 15!!! My companion and I just stood there in shock!!
My companion and I have created a new system we do with the members. We contact a lot of people. I love talking to people, I just blabber all the time here. I feel like if I don't I am not doing the Lord's will. However my companion and I have not seen the greatest success in just doing that, (though the great blessing of Maria and her family is an exception.) We now visit a lot of the members and teach them the plan of salvation and at the end of the lesson we give them an assignment to share the gospel and this knowledge with others. We then give the members a pamphlet and tell them the instructions - to bare their testimonies of the truthfulness of the message, and then hand the pamphlet to the friend or neighbor or family. They then need to bring that family to church. For an example, the recent convert who brought his nonmember family members to the baptism is a fruit of that work. I know we are seeing great success from it, because we have members asking us for Books of Mormons to hand out to their friends and neighbors. I was just shocked in seeing how they are so excited for the work!!!
This is the success that has happened in Telemàn in the last week. How are all your goals?? I am still writing more and more. I need to be better haha.
I love you family thank you soooo much for your letters!!!!
Thanks Jimmy for sending your goals!!

No comments:
Post a Comment