I learned incredible things from conference!!! I learned the needed principles for the investigators and I have found the medicine for my personal needs. I have found the necessary changes needed in each area in the Zone and the needs for my companionship. I have found the needed sources of leadership.
To sum up my experience from General Conference - I know one simple and true doctrine I need to apply a lot more….SERVICE. I truly need to find more ways to do more service. With every single person!!!! ''You can't give a crust to the Lord without receiving a loaf.'' That is true, I always feel much fuller after giving service. It really is a gift of giving that gives back. So I will be working on that.
I will be giving a talk in a joint Zone Conference tomorrow; I have planned a talk to add more to one of my favorite talks I heard this Sunday by Elder Robbins, BEING and DOING. I will be adding to his words and relating it to the missionary work. That really one must BE a missionary rather than just DO the work. As we have seen that Being without Doing is a false image of oneself. As doing without being is hypocrisy. Think about really how I could apply that to missionary work. This wasn't an assigned topic; I chose this because I feel the need to share it - of course with love.
My companion and I visited the family Rico and he invited us to go try his weight set for a minute. His weight set is just dried concrete cylinders attached to a bar. haha He said it was estimated to be 220 pounds. I gave it a go and successfully lifted it once!!!! YAAAA!! Haha.
I want to share a few experiences with you. Last week we went out following our planned schedule and having great success entering the houses. Our plan was to invite everyone to conference. It was becoming dark, so we only had very little time to continue in the day inviting people. The thing was my companion wanted to go visit another family who was for sure going to go to watch conference. All the sudden I had a feeling of visiting the family Flores, who we have only taught once and we didn't have scheduled at the time. Ì felt the impression to visit them and I told my companion. He was skeptical to go, but we continued walking in the pursuit of the family. As we passed by we invited them and to our very welcoming surprise they not just accepted, they also offered to give us a ride there. Well as that was a great miracle, another story happened yesterday. We had a schedule planned out and everything to our last appointment. We were walking to a fork in the road, as the path to our left was the path we had planned, a visit to a family of member. As we walked closer to the dividing fork, I felt the impression to go right instead of our planned route to go left. As I felt this impression, I followed. I felt the need to pass by a family who we have never taught, but old missionaries have. As we knocked on the door, the man of the house opened the door with a great smile and said. ''Come, come forward!!! Enter!!!'' We luckily have found the day when Luis (the man of the house) is found in the house. As he works difficult hours and as well as his wife. Well this special night we found them together and taught of the beautiful restoration of this church. It was a very powerful lesson!! I am very touched by the miracles that happen. I am very grateful for the guidance and for understanding the whisperings of the Spirit. I feel guided and protected each day in my mission.
I love you all! Thank you for writing me!

No comments:
Post a Comment