Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 61

I have had a great week. Today I just got back from a temple session with the Area Seventies of Central America and my entire zone. Elder Clark, Elder Fallabella, and Elder Martino of the Seventy were there in the session with us. I had another indescribable experience in the temple today too.

I would like to say thank you all for your prayers. We really are seeing miracles here in Llano Largo (my current area). Yesterday we had a lesson with a progressing family. We were sharing how small and simple things bring to pass great and marvelous things. All of the sudden the mother stops us. She asks do you have your agenda and a calendar with you? My companion passes his calendar, she takes a glance at it and says, ''Elders I would like to be baptized.... I would like to be baptized the first week of May.'' My companion and I just sat there like,,,,, uhhhhhhhhhh... haha We were sooooooooooooooo excited!!!! After that, her children who are 18 and 16 said, well we want to be baptized with our mom. We got even more
excited!!!!!! The husband is for sure going to be baptized.  He said he wanted to, but he has his political work to do on Sundays.  However, he is a guarantee. He calls the 1 hour with the missionaries, the 'holy hour,' because he learns. He loves learning and he loves the teachings and every topic about the family. This is a big family.  We have 6 who are expecting to be baptized. This is the family Perez.

As for the fruits in my last area, in El Roble, Elder Taco is an incredible elder. I remember our first week together we helped a very sad man whose wife just passed away. As the first week we saw him come to church, now Elder Taco gave me the great news that Felix Morataya is getting baptized this next week! This makes me very very happy!!! PLANTING SEEDS!!! If you don’t remember Felix morataya, I wrote about him in previous letters.

When I gave my talk in Zone conference, I felt very directed by the spirit, I spoke about TO BE and TO DO….like the talk we learned from Elder Robbins (I think that is his name.) I related the talk to the work and being a missionary. As doing what you are, and being what you are doing. I saved a copy, I will send it. I feel very happy with my new assignment.  I am truly learning a lot. I have been doing divisions with the other elders and helping them all realize the importance of being obedient but having fun. Also, really feeling the love for the people and teaching to their needs, asking effective questions and properly responding to help them better. I am not really helping the elders, they are helping me. I am learning a lot about how to treat certain situations and being very LOVING. I love every missionary that is in the zone. They really all are powerful dedicated servants and have great testimonies. I LOVE IT!!!

It is hot here in Guatemala! I sweat and you all are freezing.... that is a great opposite haha.

It is a sad sight, a lot of my best friends here on the mission are now leaving. Those who have really helped me along the way. Elder Gochis (my second trainer), as well as Elder White (one of my best friends). They are amazing and they say they want to talk to you all (my parents). I have made a great effort to becoming a better teacher.  I love teaching, I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT. I love asking QUESTIONS. Those questions where the Book of Mormon has the answers, like what is the most important thing to you? What do you strive for, or what do you think you lack in your life?  Deep questions that really open up the heart.  I remember how effective these questions are and many others like them have helped understand the background of the people. This has helped the family Flores, they have great desires to better understand the power of the priesthood. The family Rico desire to know more of the Plan of Salvation. I love studying these things. I found out really, that a major part in teaching and an attribute about the teacher, is attitude. I read in a General Conference talk about about the attributes of a great teacher. Take a minute and think of your favorite teacher you have ever had…what was it about him or her that sets him or her apart from the others?

The attribute that has been the best help on my entire mission was becoming a listener. The great gift of listening is very important!! The promise is if you listen, rather than think of what you’re going to say next, at the very moment the words will be given you. Doctrine and Covenants I think 100 5-8. I hope so…..BUT IT IS SOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!! I thought I would share that with you all, because I am currently working on cultivating more charity and devoting service. As well as becoming a better teacher. I love you all and I will strive to the very end, don’t worry about it.

Take care and have fun!!!!!

Elder Jared Fadel

No comments:

Post a Comment